UK's ‘Top Cops’ Back ATr’s Police Poaching Guide

greenie62

Reaction score
Re: UK's ‘Top Cops’ Back ATr’s Police Poaching Guide

About ******* time too! :rolleyes:

thecrow

Reaction score

All very well and good passing the information around so that everyone is aware of the law and what can/should be done but once again who is going to police this, the police are facing cutbacks throughout the country with less officers available at the sharp end to enforce this legislation.

I don't want to pour cold water on what is good news but if it comes to a choice between poaching/fish theft and say a mugging or a case of domestic violence (that is on the increase) my money would be on the poaching/fish theft coming second in priority.

Judas Priest

Reaction score

It's all well and good the politicos at the top pledging this that and the other to all and sundry but it would shock the public to realise that since the government slashes just how few police officers are actually " out there ".

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score

I for one am pleased to see this as it proves that the Angling Trust's initiative on this topic is working.

I would like to see the published figures in, say, 6 month's time to see how effective the police are in meeting their legal obligation(s)

thecrow

Reaction score

Although I don't agree with them I think the only way this would get the attention it deserves is if it were target led.