Centre pin

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Hi guys, can anyone tell me, do you load a centre pin reel the same as a 'normal' reel?

Thanks in advance/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Morespiders

Reaction score
Yes Mrs Perry, put the bullet in the hole, hold the handle and point away from people and fire.

PS 100yds of whatever line you wanton it will do, you can always put a bit of backing on, but i dont bother.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
i normally put my line on at the edge of the water with the line in the water, is it same for the pin?

Morespiders

Reaction score
Naa, just wind it straight on under a bit of tension get somebody to hold the spool in thier fingers gently.

Anyway, your to young to be using a pin.

Just use 50-100 yd spools

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
I love using the pin spiderman, i have just had a new one in 'pink' /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifI shall be catching some bertie's with it at weekend, hopefully. and of course i shall be using the wallace cast/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Morespiders

Reaction score
If it keeps raining like it is, you will be able to fish, from the top of Blackpool Tower.

Pink YUK, you big girl./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Ha ha i know, i am a girl sometimes/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

well fingers crossed it'll stop, if not i shall wait for it to start to drop, and go get them roach/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Neil Mcmurran

Reaction score
Awwww, that's nice Wendy, best you dont put any weight on then /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Muffin

Reaction score
Wendy I asked a similar quesion a while back, and the response I got was brilliant!

Here is the link, I found the pidgeon knot brilliant, and as has been mentioned before avoid too much line so it doesn't bed in. I love using my pin now even if I am still a beginner!

Good luck /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forum/forummessages.asp?dt=&UTN=32585&last=1&V=1&SP

Simon

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Cheers for the link Simon. How are you getting along with it? I can't wait to use it now, i have used a pin before and love trotting with it, especially using the wallis cast.

wendy

Muffin

Reaction score
Yeah getting on with the pin well thanks Wendy, but have just bough an ABU 501 for those windy days!

Need some more practice on my casting, but what I do is good enough at the moment, think its my own style of cast really!

Find it hard trotting on slow flowing rivers, but guess this comes with practice, have got my eyes peeled for a 15ft rod to help me fish the Bristol Avon a bit easier as its not the easiest place to trot a float in certain areas!

Just love the feel of a fish whilst playing it on the pin I guess, the whole casting thing is just a means to an end, but love the contact and feel of using the pin.

Would buy another one so I can load with some heavier line, just cant afford it at the moment!

If you are ever down near Bath let me know and I'll treat you to a day on the Brsitol Avon and maybe you can show me the walliss cast! /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Hope your fishing goes well

Simon

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Wendy Perry 2 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>ermmmm also how will know when i have enough on it?</blockquote>

Measure the diameter of the actual spool, not the outer rim.

Multiply that by 3.14 to give the circumference. The answer will be in inches of course.

Now take 1800 and divide by the answer you got before and that will tell you how many turns of the centre-pin reel to get on 50 yards, which is enough line.

I.E.: Diameter of spool is 3.8", therefore 3.8 x 3.14 = 11.932" per turn. Now divide 1800 (= 50 yards in inches) by 11.932 gives 150 turns.

EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY.

Neil Mcmurran

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif easy when you know how init /forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

The bit I dont understand is how do you ensure an even wind? A fixed spool reel does it for you /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

apologies for being numb but its all new to me /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
woahhhhh thast a bit technical for me woody/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gifI will have a go at doing it tomorrow/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Yeah will do simon thank you, you will love the wallis cast!