a question of sanity

xenon

Reaction score
Hi, just spent the afternoon having a clear-out with a view to getting rid of stuff, possibly on E-bay. Is it my imagination or is/was the Fox Evolution Bivvy (circa 2005-v. good condition-used twice) the most stupid design ever released to the market? Could not get the damn thing assembled at all and now remember why it's been in storage since then-heavy, bulky and utterly baffling to assemble. Grrrr! Rant over, and relax.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Hi, just spent the afternoon having a clear-out with a view to getting rid of stuff, possibly on E-bay. Is it my imagination or is/was the Fox Evolution Bivvy (circa 2005-v. good condition-used twice) the most stupid design ever released to the market? Could not get the damn thing assembled at all and now remember why it's been in storage since then-heavy, bulky and utterly baffling to assemble. Grrrr! Rant over, and relax.

Not too good at the selling lark are you? You're supposed to talk it up not down!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it my imagination or is/was the Fox Evolution Bivvy (circa 2005-v. good condition-used twice) the most stupid design ever released to the market?

Compared to the "Fox Easy Dome" I reckon yours was a doddle to erect.

I had the 2 man version of the so called "Easy Dome" where the ribs seemed to "erect" in totally an illogical manners, other than when it was time to take it down and then it was a total 'mare!

I replaced mine with the Trakker Armo and never looked back since, other than to go for the Trakker Mk2 when it came out.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I have encountered a fair number of folks that rated them quite highly. One of the highlights for them being that it's pretty lightweight, as far as full bivvys go.
Like most bivvys, there'll be a knack to setting it up. Once you've sussed it, it's likely to seem very quick and easy.

xenon

Reaction score
Not too good at the selling lark are you? You're supposed to talk it up not down!
Talk it up! at the moment I feel like it's a moral imperative to burn the bloody thing so that no-one else suffers. It just drives me nuts that when compared to my other outdoor thing (i.e. mountaineering) fishing shelter gear is in the stone age on every count-weight, durability, ease of assembly, durability-absolutely no comparison (sure, you pay top dollar for quality hill gear but you get what you pay for)

flightliner

Reaction score

If you want to do swapsies zenon I think I still have my old nashy storm sides from the eighties!.:rolleyes:

terry m

Reaction score
I always smile at the claims that this or that bivvy can be erected in 60 seconds or some other ridiculous time frame.

I too have an Armo Mk2 and on soft flat ground it would still take me nearly five full minutes. On a sloping swim, with bits of concrete in the ground (where do they come from?) then almost twice that.

Despite that, it is a great bivvy.