The next great fishing invention

bennygesserit

Reaction score
To start with a brilliant invention you need to solve a problem being very tall I have problems sitting in a chair all day propping a rolled up cushion behind me helps at work I have a chair with an inflatable cushion built in why not put the same into a fishing chair ?

Do you have any ideas for the next great invention , would it be the next clever claw or maybe the new hair rig ?

cg74

Reaction score
Here's something that would sell like hot cakes; a bait delivery system that could be cast long range like a spod or spomb but instead of depositing the bait in neat mounds, it actually spreads the bait over a 3ftx3ft area.
If the spread of bait can't be sprayed over as wide an area as that, then a 4-5ft line of bait would be fine.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
An intelligent ledger weight (or line for the really futuristic) that indicates and records distance cast and depth of water, number of casts and duration of cast etc. Once up and running, this will confirm that fishing in 8ft of water at a range of 63 yards is optimal and that a bite should be expected after 47 minutes during June.

B

binka

The bait submarine.

Disguised as a giant common carp with two internal chambers, one holding an arsenal of boilies and the other particles which are discharged via a self-loading torpedo tube concealed beneath the pectoral fins on either side and fired into position from ten yards away so as not disturb any fish around the hookbait.

All locked on by self programmed GPS coordinates for complete accuracy and genuine telescopic periscope for re-loading of bait into respective chamber without the necessity to dry dock.

A-herm...

Last edited:

nicepix

Reaction score
Here's something that would sell like hot cakes; a bait delivery system that could be cast long range like a spod or spomb but instead of depositing the bait in neat mounds, it actually spreads the bait over a 3ftx3ft area.
If the spread of bait can't be sprayed over as wide an area as that, then a 4-5ft line of bait would be fine.

A Spomb with a spring loaded plunger inside and locked using a PVA clip. Same principle for the bait dropper except the clip would need to be slower dissolving. This time next year we'll be millionaires Rodney :D

law

Reaction score

You do know that spods/spombs do this anyway? The bait doesnt drop like a brick. It kind of flutters down, spreading out as it falls. Unless the water is dead shallow of course, or it your using unchopped boilies.

mick b

Reaction score
During my working life I always dreamed of having a 'voice gun'.

I would point it at the recipient and speak my words into a small mouthpiece, "no we don't want your litter either"
or
"handle it gently, its a live fish not a brick"
and when I pulled the trigger the words would be spoken into the ear of the 'target' without anyone else hearing :D

Just think of the uses for such an invention...:wh

:eek:mg:

bennygesserit

Reaction score

I would point it at the recipient and speak my words into a small mouthpiece, "no we don't want your litter either"
or
and when I pulled the trigger the words would be spoken into the ear of the 'target' without anyone else hearing :D

Ha ha

"that floats not sensitive enough mate" BANG

"Put that mobile away they can probably hear you without it your so loud" BANG

"Camo on a commercial you are having a girrafe mate" BANG BANG

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 ----------

What about a double ended , adjustable , loop tyer so you get your hooklinks all the same length ?

terry m

Reaction score

or

Great idea, would be great to take to rugby to point out when I considered that the referee had made an error of judgement too!

cg74

Reaction score
You do know that spods/spombs do this anyway? The bait doesnt drop like a brick. It kind of flutters down, spreading out as it falls. Unless the water is dead shallow of course, or it your using unchopped boilies.

I've never seen a spod even come close too spreading bait over a 9sq ft area or spraying its contents fairly evenly in a 4ft line.
Yes, the baits do flutter down at different rates and some particles do travel outwards, this is determined by density and shape but IMO 90% of most parti-mixes will land in a 1sq ft area, especially the case with these popular inclusions; hemp, pellets, wheat, pellets, tares, maple peas, chick peas and like you said unchopped boilies.

Last edited:

nicepix

Reaction score
I've even heard of a spod spreading bait over a 9sq ft area or spraying its contents fairly evenly in a 4ft line.
Yes, the baits do flutter down at different rates, this is determined by density and shape but IMO 90% of most parti-mixes will land in a 1sq ft area, especially the case with these popular inclusions; hemp, pellets, wheat, pellets, tares, maple peas, chick peas and like you said unchopped boilies.

I agree. In still water dense baits such as hemp right up to boilies and pellets rarely spread out much as the sink. That's one of the reasons I aim my catapult in a high arc rather than straight at the target area.

matty w

Reaction score
The bait submarine.

Disguised as a giant common carp with two internal chambers, one holding an arsenal of boilies and the other particles which are discharged via a self-loading torpedo tube concealed beneath the pectoral fins on either side and fired into position from ten yards away so as not disturb any fish around the hookbait.

All locked on by self programmed GPS coordinates for complete accuracy and genuine telescopic periscope for re-loading of bait into respective chamber without the necessity to dry dock.

A-herm...

The two internal chambers should be loaded with torpedoes carrying an explosive head for sinking bait boats :D

maggot_dangler

Reaction score

or

Accurate long distance voice projection using ultrasonics as the carrier very directional and already done and used in a number of places including the military ....

pg

cg74

Reaction score
This video comes fairly close to demonstrating my point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgZh_MZkAQM

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

I agree. In still water dense baits such as hemp right up to boilies and pellets rarely spread out much as the sink. That's one of the reasons I aim my catapult in a high arc rather than straight at the target area.

Yes, but as I'm sure you've found, catapults have a very limited range of effectiveness; 25 yards for hemp, 40 yards for pellets/boilies 12mm or smaller and 60 yards for 18mm+ pellets/boilies.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I've never seen a spod even come close too spreading bait over a 9sq ft area or spraying its contents fairly evenly in a 4ft line.
Yes, the baits do flutter down at different rates and some particles do travel outwards, this is determined by density and shape but IMO 90% of most parti-mixes will land in a 1sq ft area, especially the case with these popular inclusions; hemp, pellets, wheat, pellets, tares, maple peas, chick peas and like you said unchopped boilies.

You need the new improved "Cluster Spomb."

The bad one

Reaction score
CG it been done I invented it about 12 years ago
here http://www.fishingmagic.com/articles/howto/13053-bream-and-tench-at-long-range.html
Sadly the photos were lost and the article corrupted somewhat when the site changed owners and platforms. See bottom of the article Spods with a twist.

laguna

Reaction score
Hi Colin, I could never understand the advantages of an explosive bait delivery system like the bait bomb as I imagined it would spook the fish, but (and I dont know if this is of any help) maybe if this was suspended above the hooklink or floated and made buoyant it should (in theory) provide a carpet feed over a much wider area.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0l9TSymg5c

flightliner

Reaction score
made one cq74, Developed it in the mid nineties, tried and tested it on both the trent for barbel before the circus arrived-- took the place to the cleaners but only use it now when on my own.
Offerered it to drennan and a n o company but they wernt interested . Gud on stillwaters to o and better than a spomb.
In my garage now but hardly used now.
Pity