Hola from Birmingham!

littleal

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Recently signed up and thought it best to introduce myself before I start posting :)

Long story short, I started coarse fishing when i was in primary school, carried on until the back end of secondary school then got a car and it all went down hill form there - sold my gear etc. So anyway, 12(ish) years on and I started to have hankerings to get a rod and go fishing again - so I did! And i'll shamelessly admit that it was Aldi's special fishing gear week putting up a pretty strong rod and reel combo for £20 that properly pushed me in the right direction - it may be silly cheap but its a combo that works well for me just now.
I'm fortunate enough to work literally a 2 minute drive away from one of the better fisheries in the area (Alvechurch) which was where I always went as a kid which has made this choice even easier.

Anyway, if you've made it this far through my rambling, well done! This is the fun/humorous bit in my eyes... When I used to fish my best were a Tench at around 4lb and a Mirror at around 5lb - so on my first trip (literally a couple of weeks ago) I was quite pleased to take this pretty little Carp...

10552623_10152597201811550_8710342080125943235_n.jpg

Then a few evenings later catch this Mirror. Which I admit I thought was HUGE... Until it weighed in at under 5lb :eek:mg:

10485534_10152604834796550_8579796997299368380_n.jpg

But then last night I went back, fished on meat for the first time and took this Common - came in at just over 10lb;

10349011_10152634235721550_1050135255051366258_n.jpg

Since getting my gear i'd kept saying that I really wanted to catch a double and I've just barely scraped one in my first month! I'm quite chuffed with myself even if its not that special in the grand scheme of things. I didn't know what to do with the bloody thing when I got it on to the bank :D

So anyway, looking forward to picking up some tips and advice on here! And if you're an Alvechurch regular, let me know and i'll see you down there some time!

greenie62

Reaction score
Welcome to the mad-house Al. Here's hoping the rest of the season is at least as successful as your start to this one - and you go on to get a few more PBs!
Tight Lines!

hunters moon

Reaction score
:):) good morning AL and welcome to the forum I hope you will enjoy F/M.

....I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.
....Roderick haig-brown.

B

binka

Morning Al and welcome to FM, look forward to reading more from you... Have a great time :)

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
littleal..............' Hola ' from Birmingham ?? - now I've 'done' Spain any number of times but I don't recall a 'Birmingham', unless you meant to say Barcelona ??

Anyway, good to see you back fishing and welcome to FM !!

Always nice to have some new blood joining.....

littleal

Reaction score
littleal..............' Hola ' from Birmingham ?? - now I've 'done' Spain any number of times but I don't recall a 'Birmingham', unless you meant to say Barcelona ??

Anyway, good to see you back fishing and welcome to FM !!

Always nice to have some new blood joining.....

Ha sorry for the confusion, it's my traditional "new to a forum" thread title :eek:mg:

Cheers for the warm welcome folks!!