Foxhouses Fishery, Nr Scorton, Lancs, Wharf Lake

pjcoarsefishing

Reaction score
I am not sure whether I should have put this in the carp fishing section but have listed it here as it is a mixed fish lake with lots of carp and bream plus roach, rudd, perch etc.

Last week I fished Wharf Lake at Foxhouses near Scorton in Lancashire. I had a good session but most of the fish caught were common carp.

Yesterday 5 September I arrived to give it another go and the same peg was free so I decided to fish it again knowing no two days are the same, no two fishing days can ever be the same I decided to give it a go.

I arrived at the lake around 7:30am, the grass was covered in an heavy dew and mist was upon the water. It was peaceful and there was no wind, although the night temperature had dropped significantly.

The full story with a couple of surprises is on my blog at

Wharf Lake | - PJ Coarse Fishing Blog

Last edited:

pjcoarsefishing

Reaction score
Foxhouses – Wharf Lake – Everyday is different - 12 September 2014

I arrived around 7:25 and parked up waiting for a friend to arrive. There was no wind and everything was still except for a group of 5 moor hens that were certainly making their presence known.

I was the only person there and it was so peaceful, I like this fishery for this reason, it is away from the roads and motorway noise, it is not only well established but is also surrounded by trees making it a good place to fish any time of the year.

I set up on the usual peg on the island and Vinnie 3 pegs away.....

http://pjcoarsefishing.fishinblogs..../wharf-lake/