Scales ??

naxian62

Reaction score
Recommend me a set of scales please guys.
I need them to be lightweight as I cycle to all my venues. Also I prefer without batteries, as there is no doubt that I will forget to change them!
Anyone here got any experience of the Reuben Heaton flyweights? Look like they may be the ticket.
Cheers

P

pointngo

the flyweights are very good but I have seen a few reports of some people having problems with the accuracy straight out of the box. Mine have been bang on for a few years but are a bit beat up now, although they still read the correct weight.

I'll be getting a replacement set soon.

john step

Reaction score
the flyweights are very good but I have seen a few reports of some people having problems with the accuracy straight out of the box. Mine have been bang on for a few years but are a bit beat up now, although they still read the correct weight.

I'll be getting a replacement set soon.

I'll second that. No problems.

Hugh Bailey

Reaction score
I have a set of these and they are very accurate when weighing objects of known weight - bags of sugar etc.

However, there seems to be a problem when weighing fish. They seem to weight about 25-50% too light. They work perfectly fine with everything else, just not so good with fish

;-)

hunters moon

Reaction score
Recommend me a set of scales please guys.
I need them to be lightweight as I cycle to all my venues. Also I prefer without batteries, as there is no doubt that I will forget to change them!
Anyone here got any experience of the Reuben Heaton flyweights? Look like they may be the ticket.
Cheers

:):) I have owned my flyweights for some years and have never had a problem, just keep them in a bag or container away from dust and dirt when not being used.

symonh2000

Reaction score
I have a set of these.

[ame=http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310970914513?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT]40 KG Portable Pocket Digital Fishing Luggage Parcel Hanging Weighing LCD Scale | eBay[/ame]

I know they won't be the best scales in the world, but they are accurate and Chapmans angling sell the exact same ones with a different name on them for much more.

I don't care if I loose or damage them either at that price. ;)