Birmingham area - where have you been?

littleal

Reaction score
Evening All,

Having recently got back in to fishing I'm looking for recommendations on fisheries to visit local to Birmingham. Would prefer to stick to commercials for the time being as have never fished a river ha... Open to canals!

My local is Alvechurch which is also handily 2 minutes from my office. If you lived in the vicinity and haven't visited previously it's well recommended - the facilities are excellent and plenty of friendly folk are there!

I visited Arrow Valley in Redditch for a look today but it doesn't take my fancy... Too many kids about, no peace and quiet :p
Also popped in to Wood Farm (known locally as the Xmas tree farm, near Shirley) - looks alright but the facilities and surrounding area leave a little to be desired IMO.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for local commercials with reasonable facilities (ie. a decent toilet block at least)?

Thanks in advance!

littleal

Reaction score
Cheers for that one mate, I love the fisheries website. Written down a few off there to go and try but will definitely have a look at Furnace Mill.
It's less than an hour from me so worth considering!

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good recommendations for local commercials with reasonable facilities (ie. a decent toilet block at least)?

Have a look at Willow Marsh near Mustow Green

Willow Marsh Fishery, Willow Marsh Fishery Coarse Fishing | Fishing Kidderminster Shenstone | Willow Marsh Fishery Match Fishing, Coarse Fishing, Big Carp Fishing | Cursley Lane, Shenstone, Kidderminster, DY10 4DX

Some decent Carp (and apparently very good Roach)

Or K.C. Fishery at Unwick's Farm Hartlebury

KC Fisheries - The Friendly Fishery

Plenty of different species

It's a good time to fish the Carp pools now, they will be feeding up for the winter.

Ian

tomvilla

Reaction score
mearside fisheries 2 mins from earlswood lakes great little fishery