Stuffed carp

W

Wolfman Woody

A few little points
  1. Taxidermy used to be popular at one time, not so much now, but nothing wrong with the odd one - especially
  2. Since you don't know how the fish met it's end or when. Could have been a casualty of a sudden deoxygenation
  3. Seems a little garish perhaps, but if it's dated too, it's a 3D life model of what the carp looked like at that time
  4. In one hundred years time when all people are catching is pot-bellied, boily fed lumper mirrors that look like a gross over-fed woman, they'll look at these and try to get back to that strain, if possible.
  5. The fish may have been stuffed a good many years ago.
  6. Fish like this in bow fronted glass cases are worth a mint. The guy has a good investment.
You should have a look in the Natural History Museum in Tring sometime.

Shine

Reaction score
I'm sure it is worth abit woody. Just wouldnt like anything like that in my front room, not just because its a carp, any animal. Theres all sorts on ebay woody, the crocs head was doing well.

I remember watching a programme once where people would have their cats/dogs/ bunny ect stuffed, looked very odd old rover stuck in the corner for the rest of time.... supose the dont have to walk or feed it no more though/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif