Kicking the Bucket (List)

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Long been horrifed by all the "100 Place You Must Fish Before You Die" [my version: "1001 Places I'd Rather Die Than Fish"] etc of the past decade or so.

Noted, this time last year, that the big guy with glasses on TV's "Pointless", Richard Osman, felt the same - The 100 top things you honestly don't need to do before you die | Richard Osman | Comment is free | The Guardian - and thought "Good man, Speccy".

Saw today that smart East Coast America now feels the same - Kicking the Bucket List - The New Yorker

Good. So much "Because I'm worth it" expectation and sense of entitlement, so many smiley-smiley gracious guides and staff needed to service and make the "'I'm s-o-o worth it" feel good ... bad.

PS - Title of thread came out wrong. Not bucking buckers, but BUCKET Lists.

Last edited:

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Surely a bucket list is just aspirations, hopes, dreams... ambitions. I still have a few bits left to do, just hope I get around to some of them - but not all. It would be awful to have done it all, nothing to look forward to then.
One more salmon... please..... :)

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am all for aspiration, innovation and breaking new ground, but rather agin being sold totally fake versions of the real thing by others. If you fancy doing something different and - whether you ultimately succeed or fail - really satisfying, put your backend into gear and do it yourself. Only way to do it if such stuff is to "mean" anything other than a few bragging pics for your mates (who'll soon be doing the same then claiming that they're a better man than you- because they had a fish three pounds heavier in the Famous Name Pool or the Duffers' Run).