Edgar Sealey

Jo Hall

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been given an Edgar Sealey cane rod by a 87 year old man, he was given it for his 7th Birthday, along with a fly fishing reel, although I don't think the rod is for fly fishing because its called a float caster, any how he never used it, so it looks absoultely brand new, does anyone knowif its of any value?

NIGE K

Reaction score
an edgar sealey float caster delux 3 piece 12ft rodsold at bonhams last year for £25

Jo Hall

Reaction score
Thanks Nige, Oh dear it's not going to make me rich then!! Might as well tackle up and go fishing. Jo x

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Sealey rods, unfortunately are not the make that will fetch large sums.

If in good condition, Hardy, B James, Milward,Allcockand old American Orvis stuff is what you have to look for.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
"Might as well tackle up and go fishing. "

Absolutely. I ebayed a little Sealey recently, and it's a belter! Many of these rods are worth far more asfishing tools than their cash value. Tackle up, revise your Venables,Sheringham and Yates, and enjoy!

luckystrike

Reaction score
Hi Jo, I collect these old sealey rods and wondered if you would be interested in selling your floatcaster? Many thanks.

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Jo

I would have to agree with Alan, Edgar Sealey cane rods may not have the cachet of the other 'names'. But for that very reason, you can take them out and 'use' them without the nagging doubt that the next cast/fish will reduce your prized possesion to matchwood.

I have an delightful Edgar Sealey 'Octospin' rod and it is a little gem.

stravic

Reaction score
I have a 9ft Edgar sealey glass spinning rod from the 60's my dads .Family heirloom!!. Another recognised rod builder was Oliver's of knebworth his split canes were very much sought after.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
First rod I ever bought was a Sealey 11ft float rod, I was so proud of that rod and sad to say it went for a fiver in fishing tackle clear out in the early 90's but at least it went to a user. A Redditch based company if my memory serves serves me right.