Where to fish tomorrow, south Yorkshire suggestions

tilly05

Reaction score
Where to fish tomorrow. Updated

Not been out properly for what feels like ages. Couple hours here and there on the Don and I fancy a change..
So, what do we know? Stillwater or running.

I'm all set for Loxley fishery at the moment. Iv not fished it for a year and bonus of having lake and river access.
Anyone any better suggestions?
Iv been having a dabble down on the rother, under the m1 motorway bridge. Banks are still rather overgrown and access is a nightmare.. Nice relaxing day with a fish or 2 would be nice

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
I suppose you could always give Alderfen fishery a try . . . . . . . .

Some folks think of it as an Estate Lake while in reality it is a decently run commercial

Home

Yes been there a couple of times. Some nice tench.

tilly05

Reaction score
Well, having only just read the replies il update...
Loxley fisheries, got there about 10mins before sun came up. Had a walk around and opted for peg 23 (towards bottom corner of a triangle lake for those who dnt know it)
Small cage feeder groundbait mix and maggots on hook. Fished tight to artificial island
30mins later about to reload, bite.
1hr and two casts later it's all quiet float rod into the margins (I had been trickling maggot in from start) 3 perch, a roach and a something.....
Method feeder did nothing, maggot feeder did nothing. Stick with what worked, cage feeder different location. I'd seen 2 nice carp come from the middle so went in that direction. Good decision, nice lovely condition common. Not weighed but it wasn't small!!
Having no signal killed my battery so no pics, did however get one of the first fish and for me the best fish.

Tench, I do believe. My first ever and this wasn't exactly small either. Grand day out.
Alderfen you say, maybe at weekend still got a load of maggot left.. Anyone for a day out??!!