Pulla kit on old Pole and Bung fears

magicone

Reaction score
My pole is an old pole of some 8 years old and as old as it is, it serves me well. So I see no reason yet to spend big bucks.

The pole has no reinforcing boss for a side pulla kit fitment.

Recently having fished a few Carp around 15lbs, even with a Prestons 'Yellow' No 12 hollow elastic. I had to fit sections to create enough tension on the elastic to land them.

Seen Bung type pulla kits, but worry whether the elastic would chaff on the edge of the pole damaging the elastic.

Has anyone fitted a side pulla kit to a non-reinforced pole or am I wrong about the fear of chaffing against the edge of the pole end.

thanks

C

chefster

Either reinforce you,re pole section and drill it or use a preston puller bung,the stem protrudes out of the pole so the elastic cant catch on the pole section,many top match anglers prefer these to side pullers,in certain situations...Gazza

Terry D

Reaction score
Like you my pole's getting on a bit (Daiwa Conny 510) and I've no intention of replacing it yet. I had some puller bungs fitted but also didn't like the thought of the elastic rubbing over the end of the top section, especially when packed away. However, I must say I didn't really notice any excessive wear so it's just a case of having more regular checks on your elastic.
I'm alos in the process of getting the top sections wrapped so I can put side pullers in, for 2 reasons - one as mentioned above and the second for ease of packing away.

C

chefster

Like you my pole's getting on a bit (Daiwa Conny 510) and I've no intention of replacing it yet. I had some puller bungs fitted but also didn't like the thought of the elastic rubbing over the end of the top section, especially when packed away. However, I must say I didn't really notice any excessive wear so it's just a case of having more regular checks on your elastic.
I'm alos in the process of getting the top sections wrapped so I can put side pullers in, for 2 reasons - one as mentioned above and the second for ease of packing away.

I fail to see how having a puller bung or side puller fitted is going to wear elastic when packed away!!You just fold the top kit in half exactly the same and fit a doobery in the joint,same as without a puller.....there is no way elastic can rub against the bottom of youre top kit,when using a puller bung!!its a physical impossibility...