Anyone else still catching plenty of Tench?

law

Reaction score
As title really?
Normally by now they have slowed right down but I'm still catching plenty. And seeing them fizzing about too.

Anyone else? It can only be the extra long summer we have had!

sagalout

Reaction score
The tench have slowed right down on our club waters but being pits driven by the local water table we have really low water levels and presumably high concentrations of the bad stuff.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Much of my tench fishing is carried out at a local estate lake which, as is common to these lakes, is quite shallow. Most of the tench are caught from depths of less than four feet with many of the larger ones caught in less than two feet of water in the margins early in the season. Now, later in the season, to catch the bigger tench (6lb+) I fish a lot further out (approximately four feet deep) and fish to the areas of pond weed growth that is a more abundant this year . This water can be very changeable in the Autumn, cold rain lowers the water temperature and puts them right off for a day or two afterwards so I wouldn’t fish for them then. The shallow waters respond to the conditions so much quicker than deeper ones however, in the winter a warm sunny day should almost guarantee at least a couple of tench. I have previously caught tench during every month of the year if conditions are right. (But never over 12 consecutive months in the same year)