Anyone know Baston Fen?

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
This story slipped under my radar. Anyone who knows the area will know these superb lakes, which have been subjected to a number of disjointed and absurd development plans over the last 20 years.
That man should not be in charge of such a gorgeous complex. I have fantastic memories of fishing there and, properly developed, it would be a world-class fishery

greenie62

Reaction score
Hi Mark,
Well posted Sir, - it doesn't seem right to 'Like' such a post!
There are a number of similar cases going on around the country where companies have sprouted-up to facilitate re-cycling - a laudable aim but unfortunately their methods are corner-cutting and questionable at best.

Some of these have got the business on the back of Local Authority 'value-for-money' tenders with corresponding lack of support from the LA to protect their embarassment in aiding prosecutions by the EA.
In some cases the re-cycled waste has been disposed of across an adjacent local authority boundary which has created mutual embarassment when the investigations have started 'digging the dirt'! ;):rolleyes:

Some of the 'recycling' companies have even sub-contracted disposal to gangs of 'fly-tippers' to dump the waste in local open sewers - or 'urban rivers' as we anglers tend to call them.
Can I please appeal to anglers everywhere to keep their eyes open for such incidents and report them to the EA Hotline on 0800 80 70 60
Thank you!

The bad one

Reaction score
Only when the courts start to jail these environmental criminal will they start to learn they can’t get away with it.
The man must have made 100s, of thousands from his illegal activity and gets 80 hrs and 75k costs (note the word concurrent, not consecutively) picking up rubbish in a yellow tabard.
The sentencing guidelines should be a mandatory minimum of 3-5 years jail time. Believe it or not there’s 1 illegal waste tip created per week by those who don’t give a Sh!t for the law. Tells you all you need to know that the law’s not working to stop them.