why doesnt anyone

wabbity

Reaction score
I needed a new fishing jacket so went round a few tackle shops and they dont sell any clothing for women, and the smallest mans size drowns me. Someone could make a killing if they made decent clothing for women and kids.

wabbit

W

Wolfman Woody

There's a wholesale company sells a ladies PINK fishing rod, 8' spin rod. I kid you not ....
pinkrodDK.jpg

The company is Kiddy and Son.

Sadly, they don't do clothing as yet.

W

Wolfman Woody

Hahah! I think it's normal clothes Wabbity wants, just in ladies sizes.

Perhaps somewhere like Blacks may have something appropriate. My "match" clothing is all North Face stuff, not a tackle manufacturers gear. It costs mind.

wabbity

Reaction score
um, pink is not for me thanks, look like a stick of rock lol

I just wanted a padded,thermal, waterproof suit for winter fishing, but apparently women dont fish in the winter/forum/smilies/sarcastic_smiley.gif

mens come in L, XL and XXL, what happened to small and medium? surely there are short slim men who go fishing?

wabbit

captain carrott

Reaction score
i was going to suggest halkonhunt like peter.

itwas startedby a lady angler. and she has certainly supplied the england ladies team with clothing previously.

Neil Mcmurran

Reaction score
I know Wendy has the same problem because she's only 3ft 6 /forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I thought all female fishers were 5'10" and weighed 13stone...................

Joking apart it seems as if a market might exist here BUT how many female anglers exist these days that would make it viable for a manufacturer?Judging by this website not too many which is a pity.....

Good luck with your search!!!

(I will check with my wife and come back if she knows of any supplier!)

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Just had a thought..........surely outlets for ski gear would have something in the jacket/trouser line or even a one-piece?

Yes,I know they might not be waterproof BUT you could add some dark colour waterproofs over the top and to my mind this would be a better option as waterproofs are not always wanted in winter anyway(its supposed to rain more,but does it?)so it would be less bulky which must be better if you are of small stature!

Lets face it,millions of kids go skiing so sizes for them must exist and whilst the colours tend to be bright who cares as long as one is warm.....

I use ski gear purely for the warmth and never found them wanting.......others on this site might know of cheaper outlets online!

At the end of the day you might have to be more flexible to get what you want but as a winter fisherman who obviously loves her sport needs must where the devil drives eh?

Hope this helps!!!

wabbity

Reaction score
cheers everyone, some great ideas there to investigate.

No Pink, i can hardly go stalking in pink, the army stores sound a good option as its accessable for trying on. also ski shops. Looks like i have to do the dreaded shopping thing yuk.

My old wax jacket was great as it was well worn in but i tried a new one on and i felt like a robot i couldnt move lol

I am vertically challenged at 5ft 3"

wabbit

P.S there are lots of women anglers, just not alot use forums.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Lots of American ladies fly-fish, so Orvis might be worth a look. Vice-like grip on wallet,now, and think if youknow anyone coming over from the states who could wear one for you...

W

Wolfman Woody

Womens' clothes are tailored quite differently for fairly obvious reasons, two points stand out immediately, if you see what I mean.

/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

Mind you saying that, I reviewed for this site some Daiwa overtrousers that could have been made for women. My voice went up three octaves when I put them on.

/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

I wish you the best of luck, but it wouldn't do any harm to contact soem of the fishing clothing manufacturers and ask them why? Strike a blow for women!

Just don't strike me - not the face at least.