bills lakes in france anyone been ?

nik saunders

Reaction score
anyone got any reviews on bills lakes in france they have three lakes,have heard there is a chip factory next it and a railway, any reviews would be great cheers/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Chris Elwis999

Reaction score
Hi Nick,

I have just returned from my second trip to Bill's Lake, just message me with what info you require and I will get back to you.

nik saunders

Reaction score
cheers chris ,i have not fished in france yet and me and the old man have been looking at bills lake 1 ,how did you get on mate ?

is the place quiet ,and the fish in good condition, is there loads of weed, and any crays. one good thing i live near ace baits ,how much bait did you use inc hemp ,boillies and so on "have loads more questions mate but will let ya get your head round them first lol"

Chris Elwis999

Reaction score
Bills Lake One does not have a weed problem there are five double swims where you can fish with a mate and all are roomy and there are five single swims if you prefer fishing alone. I have not had a problem withcrayfish or poisson chat (small catfish). In lake one fish run to 57lb there are a few sturgeon and catfish if fishing for the latter make sure you take take the right gear for this. As long as you take a good quality bait you will catch and you dont need masses of it. pellet and hemp seem to attract bream so just really use boilies. if you take the food option you won't be disappointed plenty of good food and you won't go hungry. If you go listen to Bill he gives you a lot of good advice after all he wants you to catch, and a lot of his business is repeat business so he must be doing something right. I have done two trips this year, first one in May when water levels were six foot up so in the week fishing was slow and I had two sturgeon and on thiry plus carp and a small cat, my last trip which I came back from yesterday weather cooling down fishing was hard, still managed three thiry plus carp. Lake one is not easy the carp do not trow themselves onto your hook, but with careful preperation and a little thought you will catch. There is a railway line runs down one side of the lake though I can't say the trains bothered me. and the mccains chip factory is close by if the wind is in the right direction you might get a whiff of chips, but again this has never been a problem when I have fished there.

nik saunders

Reaction score
sorry to be a painmate ,will def be taking the food option, are we talkin hard fishing mate and not a runs water, what methods work for you ,and sorry mate whats the bottom of the lake like silt ,clay ect,

Chris Elwis999

Reaction score
The fish are hard fighting and most are really pretty fish. Its like any lake that you book in advance you are subject to the weather the week before my trip people were catching lots of fish. the morning I arrived a fifty was caught as a guy was packing up. then the weather took a downward trend tempratures dropped so the fishing became harder but most people caught, fish to 52lb with a few forties and thirties thrown in as well. My advice would be keep it simple, use good strong tackle, my rigs that week were simple size two hooks to flourocarbon with either on or two 20mm boilies on a hair. a small bag with six or so boilies or a stringer boated out with another ten or so boilies. so not masses of bait fishing for a bite really. The lake bottom has gravel patches has three main bars at one end has areas of silt worth while plumbing your swim on day one to find these areas, check the website you will find a map of the lake with basic features and gives you a point to start from. Also plenty of good advice on the website on how to fish.

nik saunders

Reaction score
thanks chris you have been a great help, i will be over the moon to get a thirty,i have been going through a bad spell at mo,me and the oldman went to menards fishies in east sussex ,spent a week there and only had 2x 19lb and a koi of 14lb,my dad had a 29lb and 18lb and a 25lb was really pleased for him "i think lol" the worst was still to come ,a bloke moved in to the swim next to me and cast in to reeds right where my bait was ,so after half hour later he broke free his rig must have been inches from mine ,he then started to reel in ,he only made three turns on the reel and foul hooked the lake record of 52lb in the tale took the bloke a well over a hour to get it,i was guted to think how close i was to that fish, never mind though onwards and upwards, thanks again chris your a top bloke /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifsorry another question how many kg of boilles should i take ?

Chris Elwis999

Reaction score
I would consider buying some of the Bill's lake specials 5kg, I have taken 10 kilos with me each time but have always brought at least 4 kilo back with me, I have used dynamite baits and caught, just take a good quality boilie that you are confident in. also you can order hemp, corn, tigernuts and pellet from bill and he will have them waiting for you to use when you arrive. I hope you and your old man have a great time when you go, and both of you catch a few.