Good afternoon from Dorset

matth

Reaction score
Hey there,

I'm getting back into coarse fishing after a 20 year break (the break was caused by beers, girls, beers, wife, houses, kids).

I've joined the Ringwood Club and will mostly be mooching around the Stour and Avon at Christchurch / Bournemouth.

I might try and head out this Saturday afternoon if it doesn't rain.

Looking forward to some Throop chub :)

Cheers,
Matt

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Matt and Welcome to FishingMagic

I'm not sure how Throop is fishing currently but one of the other moderators here is a regular so maybe he can help.

greenie62

Reaction score
Oh No! Not amother one in Dorset :eek:mg: - there'll be enuf of you soon to start a club down there! ;)

Welcome aboard the forum!
Tight Lines!

DorsetTangler

Reaction score
Hi Matt I recently joined here and started the occasional dabble fishing after a long break as well.

Ringwoods expensive isnt it, I guess you are taking it pretty seriously!;)

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
G'day from sunny Poole,

Try not to worry about Greenie, he's a pie picking Northern monkey :D but not a bad one for all that!! More support for keeping the Picts at bay always welcome.

Welcome aboard, mate

Phil. :)

matth

Reaction score
Hi Matt I recently joined here and started the occasional dabble fishing after a long break as well.

Ringwoods expensive isnt it, I guess you are taking it pretty seriously!;)

Holy cow... I nearly fell over when I saw the price. Considering I only expect to be fishing about 4 miles of water, it's definitely a special gift to myself!

I managed to blag some spare tackle off my old man (he's a fishing coach, so had a few spare bits), so that managed to reduce my initial spend!

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

G'day from sunny Poole,

Try not to worry about Greenie, he's a pie picking Northern monkey :D but not a bad one for all that!! More support for keeping the Picts at bay always welcome.

Welcome aboard, mate

Phil. :)

ha ha. It's definitely better "down here" as the weather is still warm. It's been cold "up there" for ever, as far as I can tell.

I'm in Poole at the moment, in the office park near Tower Park.

How's the Throop bit fishing at the moment? Any tips for sections to avoid?

john step

Reaction score
Its the same up here in Northern Lincs. Very expensive. Some clubs with miles of good barbel fishing charge as much as £35 per WHOLE YEAR.:):):):)

greenie62

Reaction score
....How's the Throop bit fishing at the moment? Any tips for sections to avoid?

Yeah Matt,
The Leaden Stour - rumour has it that Phil (Dorsetandchub) is planning on turning it into a record Bream water! - mind you he wants to do that to ALL waters!!:eek: ;):rolleyes::eek:mg:
Tight Lines!

robertroach

Reaction score
Hi Matt,

RDAA is £155 per year for some of the best fishing in the country including Throop and lots of other Stour and Avon waters. That's £3.00 per week - so I think thats pretty cheap for your fishing. You could take up golf instead, join Ferdown, I dread to think what that would cost per week.

Anyway good luck - I wish I lived closer to Bournemouth/Ringwood area.

matth

Reaction score
Hi Matt,

RDAA is £155 per year for some of the best fishing in the country including Throop and lots of other Stour and Avon waters. That's £3.00 per week - so I think thats pretty cheap for your fishing. You could take up golf instead, join Ferdown, I dread to think what that would cost per week.

Anyway good luck - I wish I lived closer to Bournemouth/Ringwood area.

Very true. My old man told me "it's only the price of a pint of beer a week."

I tried golf a while ago. It's quite fun - for the first few holes.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Yeah Matt,
The Leaden Stour - rumour has it that Phil (Dorsetandchub) is planning on turning it into a record Bream water! - mind you he wants to do that to ALL waters!!:eek: ;):rolleyes::eek:mg:
Tight Lines!

Cos I'm the only one on here who thinks bream deserve better than being classed as landfill !!!

As Neil put it "Fascists!!" :D

greenie62

Reaction score
Cos I'm the only one on here who thinks bream deserve better than being classed as landfill !!!

Eh la',
Calm down, Calm down!
Waste of good landfill tax! Better to use the slimey gits as fertiliser! :eek:;):rolleyes:

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score

Firstly welcome to FM Matt.

Now as for the Bream, I like Bream, you can't beat a big Bream sliding over the landing net. Many think they don't put up much of a fight, but then most that say that are Carp boys with 3 or 3.5 TC rods. Who by the way, don't get much of a fight from Carp either as they are over gunned. :D:D:D:D

That should get a few people going :rolleyes::eek:mg:

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more - splendid post :D

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Eh la',
Calm down, Calm down!
Waste of good landfill tax! Better to use the slimey gits as fertiliser! :eek:;):rolleyes:

Sorry, are we still on bream or have we moved on to Man Utd fans?? :wh:eek:mg: