Quiver holdall help

law

Reaction score
Im after a holdall that can take 2-3 made up carp rods and unmade match/feeder rods.

All the ones Ive been looking at seem to be focused on carrying carp rods.

Anyone got any suggestions?

nicepix

Reaction score
The Korum Two Rod Total Protection quiver will take two made up 12 foot, 2 piece rods and you can tuck a couple of unmade rods inside the same compartment, plus another made up rod in the brolly pocket along with the brolly. It weighs a ton, but it can be done.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I have the Korum two rod, but wouldn't try putting more than to rods in it, for the reason given, weight.

When taking two made up rods and another one or more not made up, I use my Free Spirit quiver.

Will take 5 made up rods, or a combination of made up and non made up rods.

Has a very good brolly/ divvy section, plus pockets for bank sticks and even one for scales.

You might want to look at Nash, Fox or Aqua all have good quivers

robtherake

Reaction score
These are brilliant. The 3 pockets are deep enough to cover your reels and the tool-roll style bankstick storage is a terrific idea. The central chamber is big enough for a shelter or one-man bivvy. Also available in dark green if you'd rather not be mistaken for a walking bush. :)

They rarely fetch much - some fail to sell at all - and twenty notes is about what you'd normally pay (that's what mine set me back, many moons ago).

NASH NASH SPACE SHUTTLE 5 ROD QUIVER HOLDALL BAG CARP SET UP GEAR FISHING | eBay

Phil Hatton 2

Reaction score
I've had a Korum 5 Rod for years now. Three made up rods, banksticks, landing net handle and a Daiwa Infinity shelter, no worries.

stevejay

Reaction score
I have just bought the korum protecta holdall.....not the total protection version as I was put off by reports that it weighed a ton.

The protecta holdall, costing about £35, is very light with space for 2 made up rods plus a brolly attached on the outside via clips.

Not used it yet but first impressions are good. It is a bit tight in terms of length and you would need to be careful, especially with quiver tips. Whilst there is a stiff section at the tip end I have cut a couple short pieces of the clear tube used to carry pole tips and intend to slip that over the quiver tip to give additional protection whilst in the holdalls.

Otherwise looks ideal for me and for roving type sessions. Sits well on the shoulder, is very light and has a carry handle too to allow it to be carried in the hand if necessary. Seems like the usual Korum quality and plenty big enough to take sizeable, possibly even big put reels, though haven't tried that yet.

nicepix

Reaction score
The Korum Two Rod Total Protection quiver doesn't weigh a ton. With two rods and ancillary equipment such as bank sticks, landing net poles, etc it is easily manageable. The weight isn't in the holdall. It comes with the brolly and extra stuff that I cram into it.

I still manage to carry it and my other stuff up to a kilometer though :)