barrow suggestions

fruitowl

Reaction score
ok guys need some help / advice.
I have gotta have a hip replacement next year consultant said to prolong life of hip to avoid heavy lifting.
predicament is I like river fishing and want to continue however when you load tackle bait flask food chair rods nets ect it becomes heavy so am looking into a barrow.
need advice as to which type single wheel or twin wheel also don't want one of the massive ones and needs to fold flat and oh yes not silly money like some I have seen
:D

sagalout

Reaction score
When I researched barrows I read that a single wheel is better for rough terrain.

I have the Carp Porter Porta Lite, I would highly recommend it, cheap (under 90 quid including under bag) but I have nothing to really compare it with, it is my one and only barrow. I bought it to replace a trolley because I found the trolley unstable on rough ground.

I have had mine for just coming up 4 years (http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/...176016-prestige-porterlite-2-carp-porter.html) and during that time I have fitted a puncture proof wheel (http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/tackle-rigs-bait/316691-carp-porter-puncture-proof-wheel.html) and straight handles, there have been no problems. For a rain cover I looked at the Carp Porter one for £40'ish and got a £3.50 tarpaulin.

Last edited:

ru123

Reaction score
I've had the Korum barrow for 4yrs now carries everthing I need & folds down really small & flat to get it in car not heavy either.

sagalout

Reaction score
An alternative that I use when when I have to walk across ploughed (why is my spell checker bitching?) fields and railway lines is a tracker 50lt rucksack, JRC x-lite chair hanging from the d rings on the front and drennan twin rod ready sleeve.

fruitowl

Reaction score
An alternative that I use when when I have to walk across ploughed (why is my spell checker bitching?) fields and railway lines is a tracker 50lt rucksack, JRC x-lite chair hanging from the d rings on the front and drennan twin rod ready sleeve.

that's what I do now but consultant has told me to avoid heavy lifting as it will shorten life of replacement hip joint also if I slip I could dislocate joint as it takes time for muscle to re-strengthen hence looking into a barrow.