Check the shop next door when you go to the tackle shop

B

binka

Lol, I like the name of the shop where it is alleged to have taken place...

"Yesterday officers arrested two women, both from Poole, after raiding Enjoy Hair Studio in Ashley Road."

Very open to interpretation :D

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if it is still there but not too long ago right next door to Avon Angling in Ringwood was a sort to sexy lingerie store, like Anne Summers

A door or two away used to be dear old John Searl's shop where he sold vintage fishing kit and did many of his terrific paintings.
Years ago I was in john's shop just after he had bough Col. S.H. Crow's fly box in an auction.

It was a thing of absolute beauty, dove tailed mahogany joints with 3 levels that must have held a thousand flies in each leaf.

I miss seeing and chatting to John.

DorsetTangler

Reaction score
A door or two away used to be dear old John Searl's shop where he sold vintage fishing kit and did many of his terrific paintings.
Years ago I was in john's shop just after he had bough Col. S.H. Crow's fly box in an auction.

It was a thing of absolute beauty, dove tailed mahogany joints with 3 levels that must have held a thousand flies in each leaf.

I miss seeing and chatting to John.

Didn't realise he was so local and too late now. Darn.

mick b

Reaction score
I don't know if it is still there but not too long ago right next door to Avon Angling in Ringwood was a sort to sexy lingerie store, like Anne Summers .

No its closed down, but I remember it well.
While I was browsing the 'row' starting with Ringwood Tackle, followed by Avon Angling and lastly dear old John's fishing emporium my Lady would spend a similar amount of time in the above mentioned establishment....

Nod nod wink wink :D

Last edited:

terry m

Reaction score
It was called Jennifer's and yes it has recently closed down. Ideal place if you wanted to kit out 'er indoors in the full parachute kit.

John was a truly gifted man, I could not help but marvel at the images he created.

matth

Reaction score
Maybe its tidied itself up since I was there last, but I'm pretty sure there a few other places on the Ashley Road that could do with a visit from immigration.

floatfish

Reaction score
Our local tackle shop now long gone ,had a hair dresser one side and the paper shop the other. One fine night the bait fridge door failed.!! Maggots in the form a some gallons escaped. Both shops had windows full of wriggly things on a daily basis ,followed by hordes of flies. To say there was Hell on, would have been the understatement of the year.