Going fishing.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I'm about to go out fishing. I'll bait my hook, put some loose feed in then wait for the bites to come. I'm pretty sure the bites will come, my bait is nice and fresh, but that's not going to stop me having a right good whine about getting the very bites I was trying for.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Ditto, my last entry on the ' How did you get on ' Thread....Only that my bites improved - this time !!

sam vimes

Reaction score
Damn it, I caught a load of pesky fish. What were they, and I, thinking, especially those particularly disagreeable trout? You'd think that they'd be clever enough not to respond to a fairly general bait like maggots. Don't they know who I am, and that I don't want to catch them? I think I may have to stop using any bait whatsoever, then I won't have a nice day's fishing ruined by bites. I may have to take a complaint about biting fish to the club chairman. I know he's sympathetic to my cause, unlike most of the committee and members I've contacted, they just think I'm bonkers. I wonder if the chairman will allow me to cull all of those trout that annoy me so much? If it doesn't go my way, I suppose that my only option will be to leave the club.

nicepix

Reaction score
Damn it, I caught a load of pesky fish. What were they, and I, thinking, especially those particularly disagreeable trout? You'd think that they'd be clever enough not to respond to a fairly general bait like maggots. Don't they know who I am, and that I don't want to catch them? I think I may have to stop using any bait whatsoever, then I won't have a nice day's fishing ruined by bites. I may have to take a complaint about biting fish to the club chairman. I know he's sympathetic to my cause, unlike most of the committee and members I've contacted, they just think I'm bonkers. I wonder if the chairman will allow me to cull all of those trout that annoy me so much? If it doesn't go my way, I suppose that my only option will be to leave the club.

Damn right Sam! If trout were so clever they'd know they were out of season and stop pestering us poor oiks, mopping up all our expensive maggots and bullying more worthy quarry out of the swim. Down with trite I say!

mick b

Reaction score
Hi Sam,
I think I have discovered a bait that trout dont like :D

Still in the experimental stages but if it proves successful I may be willing to provide you with a few samples.

Certainly maggots catch, but don't those trout like them, yum yum :eek:mg:

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In flay fishing circles they don't have maggots they have bluebottle emergers.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Personally I love trout, but only grilled with a slice of lemon - simple like..

Is it you don't catching OR eating them, Sam ??

....'bluebottle emergers' - love it !!

slaphead

Reaction score
I to admit that it doesn't take much to confuse me, but why is it called a dry fly, when it still gets wet? :eek:mg: