Pike vs carp

roach1234

Reaction score
This weekend I'm looking to go fishing on either my local club water or a local commercial. Both having good carp, the commercial being slightly better. But the club water offering pike. I don't no which to fish. I was planing on either fishing a float with a single hook trace baited with a smelt and a running ledger with a double treble hook with a whole sardine. The other option would be to have me and my friend float fish pinkes or bread punch and have a third rod ledgering with an open end swim feeder packed with bread mash with a hook bait of bread paste. Any advice.

Much appreciated,
Josh

terry m

Reaction score
Forget the pinkies and breadpaste, go chase old Esox. And take a radio and earphones and listen to the game against the Springboks....

roach1234

Reaction score
Any tips for doing so? Listening to the bocks game sounds great, not good as watching the game as my dad is doping! Can't believe he's been to every autumn international! But anyway getting back to the fishing.. Would you have any advice, between the two of us (my friend and I) we have 4 rods and a multitude of tackle.