The best dressed man in angling...

B

binka

This could run... :D

Prompted by a lazy afternoon with fishing on the telly in the background I suddenly became aware of the rather dapper outfit that Chris Sandford was sporting.

Tweeds or star emblazoned trackies, who's your best dressed man in angling?

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I get all my lads left over designer gear so I once went fishing in a Versace T Shirt and 200 quid boots - someone thought I might be an Eastern European.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
My vote goes to our very own Chav Professor. He was an absolute vision of sartorial elegance this morning at the LIF. Not many people can carry off flip-flops worn with stripey socks and a waxed jacket. Classy !

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
Ray Mumford always fished matches in a tie. Plus other clothes you understand.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Chris Sandford Dapper ?????

Ive seen better dressed Scare Crows, and better looking, he hasn't even had a shave :roll eyes:

Lord Paul takes some beating, ( he likes it that way, so I'm told ), Mind you, when you have the servants to carry you over mud, carry your gear,and chamber maids to clean it. He should look good :D

slaphead

Reaction score
Chris Yates get my vote.

He gives me the impression that he dresses how he wants to dress, not according to fashion.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
' Ray Mumford always fished matches in a tie '

That reminds me, I must throw mine out - don't think they'll be making a comeback !

I like to wear dark clothing, mainly of the natural colours of the waterside, so that if I stand still you can't see me....even fools the fish, sometimes !

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I like to wear dark clothing, mainly of the natural colours of the waterside, so that if I stand still you can't see me....even fools the fish, sometimes !

I will never forget the post from an old member on here, referring to fishing attire, that prior to his very swift edit read:

Wear drag clothing and hide behind a bush or the bankside herbage if you can.

Well it takes all sorts don't it . . . . . . .

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In the middle of the long-running Barbus Bellum and Battle of the Angling Media Minnows of the mid and late Noughties, with my very own full-time crew of on 'is case, spotters and word-hangers and -pickers both online and even in the my local streets and on my very doorstep real world, I was asked more than once, in all seriousness, both in public and by one of the ever-emailing "friends" I had suddenly found myself with "What exactly do you wear when fishing, Paul?"

He probably got a "Better look out for my lady companion and guide - she'll be in four-inch stilettos and fully fashioned stockings.".

When asked the same on a fishing forum, I ventured "An Invisibility Poncho. Camo, naturally."

Meltdown followed.

Desperate, talentless, humourless Canutes.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And that one, at 39.5 pounds, was far from my biggest (52). Just goes to show that, if you've got it, you can wear anything.

john step

Reaction score
I will never forget the post from an old member on here, referring to fishing attire, that prior to his very swift edit read:

Wear drag clothing and hide behind a bush or the bankside herbage if you can.

Well it takes all sorts don't it . . . . . . .

Well he seemed like a nice boy...SHUT THAT DOOR EVERARD...

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
But then I did write in "Somewhere Down The Crazy River" that my appearance in the Casting For Gold TV movie would be my last appearance before a camera. So it was with great pleasure that I told the people at BBC Bristol a few years later, people who in some future series wanted to turn me into the Crocodile Dundee of the Angling World, "Awfully nice of you, but....". Better things to do with my life.

Last edited:

aebitim

Reaction score
My vote goes to our very own Chav Professor. He was an absolute vision of sartorial elegance this morning at the LIF. Not many people can carry off flip-flops worn with stipey socks and a waxed jacket. Classy !

Not a patch on Mick B, complete with knobkerrie, some guys really know where their towel is . . .