Hi all

D

datguy

Hi to everyone.
I'm new to this site and thought I would introduce myself. I have decided to switch over to course fishing from fly fishing. I have been fly fishing for 4 years on rivers and stillwaters in Derbys/Notts . Due to my location and work commitments it's going to be more suitable for me to stay closer to home without travelling to far and give my local course fishing a go. The only experience I have with course fishing is a few years in my teens many years ago, so will have many questions to ask. I plan to fish rivers and stillwaters and thinking of joining a local club ,maybe Notts Anglers . Now off to browse the forum to get some ideas on tackle etc. Any advice most welcome
tight lines, derek

greenie62

Reaction score
Welcome to the mad-house Derek - it might seem like that when you are trying to get tackle info here! ;) Have you decided on any particular species you are after - and whether rivers or stillwaters?
Hope you enjoy the coarse fishing experience!
Tight Lines!

mick b

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Derek.

During one day on the Test this summer all I caught was Dace, they seemed to know I wasn't a serious fluff chucker and just followed me around all day.

Then when Im trotting for Grayling all I catch is Trout.........:confused:

I think I will just fish for anything......then I suppose I will catch sweet Freeda Ash :D

You don't have to be mad (to fish) but it is a distinct advantage.

D

datguy

Thanks for the welcomes. I'm not really setting out to target any specific fish species initially but that that could change. I have enjoyed fly fishing on the rivers more so would expect to start for coarse fish on the rivers. I live within few miles of the river Trent so it will be handy just to go for few hours sessions now and again. With the fly fishing I've been doing an 80 mile round trip ,so its been an all day job. With travel and membership costs its been working out quite expensive and I've struggled to find the time and money. I'm hoping to sell all my Fly gear to fund me enough to set up with coarse gear and perhaps a membership somewhere local to me.

flightliner

Reaction score
Welcome to FM , you live in a great area for good course fishing, Have a look at Notts Pisc , a club with good venues.