Hello to all

t1ncat1nca

Reaction score
Just joined the site so a brief introduction.

I am retired but have been an active fisherman for around 60 years. I lived in the midlands until about 30 years ago when I moved to Suffolk. I have over the years enjoyed a wide variety of different types of fishing both home and abroad but my first love is for river fishing. Unfortunately big river fishing is limited where I now live so rather belatedly I have started to go back to my roots with an old friend having a few sessions on the Trent, Dove and Severn. Looking forward to participating.

Best regards,Paul

rubio

Reaction score
Hallo together. I sympathise with your yearning for 'big river' fishing around these parts. However there are some worthy quarry in our rivers. Most of my fishing is on the Gipping and a few spots on the stour. My personal specimen list is some way short of record breaking but there are big fish in these little rivers. Also an extensive range of species available from stretches of free fishing. You may not hear much from locals about the best spots cos many are precious of their hard won knowledge, and also because of our reticence for speaking to strangers. Don't worry after two or three generations suffolk residents will start to warm to you.

t1ncat1nca

Reaction score
Hi Rubio,

I am well familiar with the Gipping and the close by gravel pits and mere along the Gipping valley and I certainly agree with you that the Gipping is capable of producing a wide range of specimen fish if you know where and when to go. The Chub and Roach fishing can be superb coupled with some excellent Carp, Tench, Bream and Pike in some stretches. When I first started fishing it was on a small river in the midlands called the Sow which was similar to the Gipping in many ways and was also capable of producing specimens that would surprise you.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello Paul, glad to see your still alive and kicking m8....not seen you on AN for a while now.

t1ncat1nca

Reaction score
Hi Ian, good to hear from you and trust that you are well. Have you got enough pins yet. I became a grandad earlier this year so fishing tended to take a back seat. Hopefully will now be able to find a bit more time although the trips to Kent have been very limited. Have managed a few Barbel sessions in the last couple of months though.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Never got enough pins Paul !..i've let a few go to be honest but still have plenty to play with :).
Congatulations on your new family member, grandad eh, lets hope no one gets you that bloody awfull grandad record LOL.
Not the most productive time of year for barbel Paul but i'm glad to hear you've got some river fishing in.
I'm hoping to get out myself as soon as possible, a days grayling fishing would go down nicely :).

greenie62

Reaction score
Welcome to the mad house, Paul. We promise not to hold it against you that you're a mate of Tigger! :eek: Only joking Tigger! :D