Mystery Amazon product

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Sometimes I look at the fishing stuff and have no idea what it is , this one seems intriguing

bennygesserit-albums-my-first-album-picture3983-51w0myb-cel-sy355.jpg

described as

WE ARE AN AUTHORIZED SELLER OF THIS PRODUCT. PURCHASE WITH FULL CONFIDENCE.
Scented With Logics Own Scent Formula Ix, Our In-Line Tandem Comes Pre-Rigged With 30 Pound Fluorocarbon And Ready To Fish.
Based On Our Patented Swivel Hook Technology, The Two Lures Are Perfectly Teamed To Give The Most Natural Schooling Action That Fish Instinctively Look For. Realistic Swimming Action.
Pre-Rigged With Premium 30 Pound Fluorocarbon.
Weedless, Rigged With Our Patented Swivel Hooks.

so presumably a lure thats actually two lures in one - pretty neat , anyone fished them ?

incidentally the seller seems to have his prices wrong selling these for 200 quid, something scammy there.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't need them, but I'll have a dozen if they're available in Black.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Various forms of these lures Benny, made popular by the Bass circuit boys over in the States some fifteen years ago. I'm surprised that some of the Perch anglers over here haven't been using them for some time, perhaps they have. At least I know of one, an old friend who spent a lot of time over in Florida fishing for Bass, who held the view that they could be equally successful for predator species over here. And went on to describe the hooking arrangement ie:- Carolina and Texas rigging style. Unfortunately I never did get round to employing it.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
cheers Derek !
Certainly you can imagine this might be effective , or at least look effective !

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Back in the day I used to fish a small outflow river from a mere, in the autumn the fish would migrate downstream to a culvert and the pool below it and it was full of 3 inch skimmer bream, the large pike from the mere would follow and gorge themselves on this bounty and obviously it was an attraction for all the pikers in the local area but they were impossible to catch with any conventional baits.

The answer came by accident when I ended up buying sprats because Morrisons had no mackerel.

Instead of trying to mount one on a set of trebles I mounted one on each of the hooks and cast the entire Christmas tree into an area which saw a lot of fish scattering, the strike was almost instant and a pb 18Lb pike was the result.

In fly fishing parlance by fishing a mini shoal of sprats I inadvertently matched the hatch.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Very much in the way that, for me, two live minnows liphooked on a single hook used to work far better than one minnow when floatfishing for small-river perch.

wes79

Reaction score
They would be much better if in that picture each left side pectoral fin was folded to save on space,that is why they don't currently work. painfully untrendy manufacturing slip up in design if ever there was one, good find though, would look good hanging from a willow tree close to the waters surface, festive.

Last edited:

laguna

Reaction score
Sometimes I look at the fishing stuff and have no idea what it is , this one seems intriguing

bennygesserit-albums-my-first-album-picture3983-51w0myb-cel-sy355.jpg

described as

WE ARE AN AUTHORIZED SELLER OF THIS PRODUCT. PURCHASE WITH FULL CONFIDENCE.
Scented With Logics Own Scent Formula Ix, Our In-Line Tandem Comes Pre-Rigged With 30 Pound Fluorocarbon And Ready To Fish.
Based On Our Patented Swivel Hook Technology, The Two Lures Are Perfectly Teamed To Give The Most Natural Schooling Action That Fish Instinctively Look For. Realistic Swimming Action.
Pre-Rigged With Premium 30 Pound Fluorocarbon.
Weedless, Rigged With Our Patented Swivel Hooks.

so presumably a lure thats actually two lures in one - pretty neat , anyone fished them ?

incidentally the seller seems to have his prices wrong selling these for 200 quid, something scammy there.

Years ago we had cut throat razors, single blades, disposable BIC then Gillette MK2 and MK3 and now fusion... how many blades does it take to persuade bearded men to shave they're legs and arm pits? :D

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Its a bite alarm ! That flashes red after a run, here is a customer review of it

I have bought a previous version of these, I like the design, they fitted the rod tip and automatically come on when fitted, they also do not come off when casting. The only drawback was they flashed green which made bites hard to see, (it needs a big bite to make them flash red). I ordered these ones since it states these are a new design with a steady green light (which is what I want) but they also flash green even though back of packaging say they give a steady green. It may depend which supplier you get them from, the ones I got are in Ron Thomson packaging.