If you don't value your local tackle shop....

law

Reaction score
...you should!

I know the owner, so popped in yesterday to ask if he had a pin I could borrow for my trip to the Trent next weekend.
He didn't, but a chap who I've seen in there several times was there, said he'd lend me his, so I popped back this morning to pick it up.

You don't get that from online shopping!

B

binka

Another thing you won't get buying online is the banter, I usually put aside a good hour these days when popping in for something and it often leads to one or two decent tip off's about local venues, they will always do their best to match an online price and where they can't the difference is never usually that great.

I do buy a fair bit of gear online but usually where I can't get it from one the tackle shops I use or haven't got the time to get in.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Every time I go into my local tackle shop it is more than a a purchasing exercise. I really enjoy the social aspect of the shop, the chat with the owner and a few regulars.

I use one attached to a lake complex so there is always the chance of a drink and a buttie so it makes for a really good break in my normal day, and long may it continue.

Last edited: