Look at the man in the moon..

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Just been outside and the moon has waned a bit since it was full 2 days ago.
When I stare at it I see a face, eyes, nose and mouth..
To me the face seems to be looking down on the earth in disbelief and disdain.

Not sure if it was surveying the whole world and it's woes or me and the runner bit bashing?

barbelboi

Reaction score
You'll have to give the name of that brew you're on Simon, sounds inviting - but not that inviting as to leave a heated room to go out in the f'ing cold 'moon watching' ;)

B

binka

You'll have to give the name of that brew you're on Simon, sounds inviting - but not that inviting as to leave a heated room to go out in the f'ing cold 'moon watching' ;)

I've had a quick peek out of the window but all I can see are Clangers busily scurrying around... :w

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've had a quick peek out of the window but all I can see are Clangers busily scurrying around... :w

My favourite Angling movie ever - thinking through problems and coping with them (even those with the naughty Soup Dragon), innovating and trying the new ideas out, then, undaunted by failure, catching and releasing the eventual catch. Oliver Postgate and Peter Fermin knew stuff that some of us still have yet to learn...

http://youtu.be/lGPWWaGxi78

bennygesserit

Reaction score
The thing about the moon that no one ever explains is why its so precisely distant from the sun so that the solar eclipse is perfect, the odds against this are phenomenal , think winning the lottery for the next five hundred years EVERY WEEK , couple that with the odds against this happening on a planet where sentient life has come into fruition and there appears to be some guiding hand on the cosmic roulette wheel.

Still be funny if this were exposed in one of Peter Crabtree's fishing threads , me ? i prefer the what have you caught this week thread.

Last edited:

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Important Very Late Sunday Announcement

I thought that I should let you chaps know that if I don't make it here - to Fishing Magic - tomorrow and post cheerily as ever, I will have been delayed by traffic. I'm blaming it on the Clangers, so much manky old knitwear that should be sent back to where it came from (Grrrr!).

P.B.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
For all those who wish to investigate the "moon coincidence" the truth is out there

barbelboi

Reaction score
FIFA World Cup Shortlist 2026

Timbuktu, Caymen Islands, North Pole, Narnia - On standby - The Moon.....

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
FIFA World Cup Shortlist 2026

Timbuktu, Caymen Islands, North Pole, Narnia - On standby - The Moon.....

Out of those choices Jerry then I reckon it is only the Cayman Islands that could lay their hands of sufficient bunce to guarantee a winning bid . . . . .

Also, I doubt that the scrupulously honest and fair individuals in FIFA could be bought-off with just the Soup Dragon's cuisine . . . . . . . .