Chairs

fruitowl

Reaction score
Been looking at a new chair I have the korum supalite at the moment but going to need something a little more comfortable next year.
choice seems to be either the 30 plus 4 arm or the korum deluxe with arms.
thoughts please guys except Ian I know he loves korum :wh:rolleyes:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, my thought would be a long the same lines as Ian's . . . . . .

Korum chairs are comfortable, relatively light and can be fitted with all sorts of accessories . . . . . what is there not to like?

terry m

Reaction score
Currently using a Nash Indulgence, not sure if they are still in production, but if they are I would steer well clear.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I have 3 Korum chairs from the supa lite to the deluxe and they appear to be very well made and sturdy plus the attachments are interchangeable.

One tip I put a rolled up cushion in the small of my back which makes sitting in a chair all day more bearable.

sagalout

Reaction score
I have a standard korum, great for accessories and very adjustable for height but not very comfortable. My old Nash indulgence daddy long legs was very comfortable but weighed a lot. I am considering changing back to a Nash or a Carp Porter and fitting the korum any chair adapters.

B

binka

Currently using a Nash Indulgence, not sure if they are still in production, but if they are I would steer well clear.

Interested to read that after the problems I've had Terry... Is that the Nomad that you had or a full size Indulgence and what has put you off?

sam vimes

Reaction score
Over the summer, I replaced the a Korum Lightweight chair (Mk2, not the Mk1 Mesh version) with the new EZ Chair. In certain respects it's better, more upright back, folds up more neatly, feels to be lighter weight. However, it has downsides. The diameter of the legs has increased, be careful about whether all your accessories will fit. It doesn't feel anywhere near as solid and the way the legs adjust means that it can't cope with a steep river bank as well as the Lightweight.

Interested to read that after the problems I've had Terry... Is that the Nomad that you had or a full size Indulgence and what has put you off?

There are loads of different Indulgence models.
I wouldn't swap my Indulgence Hi-back for anything else (that's remotely comparable) on the market. It's not a chair to be using without a barrow though.

terry m

Reaction score

Hi Binka - 'tis indeed the Nomad. A couple of years use and the stitching is beginning to let go, the Velcro that holds the chair folded is poorly positioned and ineffective, the extending legs constantly jam and as far as comfort goes it is a 6/10 at best.

It gets a lot of use, but I am not a 20 stone bloater, two years in and needing replacement is not good enough in my book.

B

binka

Hi Binka - 'tis indeed the Nomad. A couple of years use and the stitching is beginning to let go, the Velcro that holds the chair folded is poorly positioned and ineffective, the extending legs constantly jam and as far as comfort goes it is a 6/10 at best.

It gets a lot of use, but I am not a 20 stone bloater, two years in and needing replacement is not good enough in my book.

The stitching problem seems to be a common complaint from what I can gather Terry, more annoying as it seems to me that it could easily be avoided by stitching a longer overlap and I've over sewn doubled up heavy braid on mine to that effect to help keep it going... I know what you mean about the legs jamming too and put it down to the daft plastic collars that join the leg assembly to the main chair frame as mine actually flexed when the legs were near to full extension.

Ditto the same problem on the Peg1 which I nabbed off of Ebay although not as common as I use this on much flatter ground than the Nomad and don't put it to the same stresses especially as it's a higher chair, I would have thought they could come up with something better than that though.

B

binka

I've had a Nash Nomad for 7 years now with no problems and it's the only chair I use.

Makes me wonder if they've swapped production to somewhere else and if the quality has suffered as a result of, I bought my first (I'm on my second now with a deceased JRC Contact in between) around three years ago so I guess there's plenty of scope in the four years in between?

Having said that I am notoriously clumsy with chairs although a few of the problems I've experienced have been common to others too.

I did a bit of a naughty with the Peg1 in that shortly after I bought it second hand one of the cams on the extending bars came adrift and was lost, when I phoned customer services they were a bit lethargic about it and told me that it was now a discontinued chair and finding a spare could be a problem.

I told them I had literally just bought the chair (which was true, I kind of forgot to mention it was second hand off of Ebay and so I wouldn't have the right to send the whole chair back to them thus presenting an even bigger problem) and they soon found one and promptly posted it out to me.

In fairness... Top marks to Nash on that one.

Ironically I then found the original which had come adrift in the boot of the car, when hoovering it out some months later :eek:mg:

Last edited:

terry m

Reaction score
I had the original Nash Nomad for many years and that served me well, it eventually was consigned to the bin when a weld cracked and then broke.

The chair I am currently bemoaning is the Nash Nomad Ultra Lite Indulgence, and as Binka suggests, it seems that although on the face of it, it is a decent chair, the build quality is marginal at best.

Unfortunately the innovation displayed by the Nash design team, if often let down by the low cost manufacturing.

fruitowl

Reaction score
Stephen, I appear to be part of a large majority who like Korum but don't worry too much, once that hips done next year, I'll be getting you out trotting on the river, good exercise and you won't need a chair :D;)

you may very well Ian but I still like to feeder fish and setting for a 5 or 6 hour session requires something a little more comfy than the supalite I have and now I have my new preston shuttle barrow gonna enjoy it more as I won't have to carry it all :)