maver strong arm pole for silvers ???

rob_v

Reaction score
thinking about getting one for mainly silvers and smaller carp (elastic 8-10)
these seem fairly light at around 10m. would this be suitable guys ? cheers, rob

stevejay

Reaction score
I have one but if you are looking for a silver and small carp pole I think you could do better. The strong arm is not that light and at full length is a bit unwieldy. I use mine now as a pure carp pole, ideally in the margin with heavy elastic.

Sounds like a more all round pole would suit you better, but I realise the strong arm is attractively priced - I would look at a second hand general match pole.

Suspect there will be a few around as guys upgrade. One that is a couple years old will have depreciated in value significantly - there should be some bargains!!

jangoolee

Reaction score
I have one but if you are looking for a silver and small carp pole I think you could do better. The strong arm is not that light and at full length is a ...

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Well i have a Ron Thompson Carp Gangster 11 meter pole and at full streach it is heavy for more than a short time works well enough .

I fish silvers with it but you get arm ache after a full day .. so lighter and longer is my suggestion as i hope to be doing soon ... when funds allow

PG ..

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
You can catch silvers on any pole but 8/10 elastic is a bit too heavy IMO...you're likely to bump silvers off as well as making your pole heavier to hold..
I use Preston size 4 Slip latex through the no1 section only for roach or Daiwa yellow hydro size 4/5 through 2 sections for skimmers or small carp.