drones

xenon

Reaction score
anyone else think they will render bait boats redundant? -bigger payload, programmable accuracy?

wes79

Reaction score
anyone else think they will render bait boats redundant? -bigger payload, programmable accuracy?

I saw these being reviewed in a free paper, mentioned a license and some being programmable via a smart phone, I guess with some sort of fish finding app using watercraft geophysics or something it would be quite popular.

being a bit of a 1980's throwback I can't help wondering if I might get a good deal on catapults in January :D

Last edited:

The bad one

Reaction score
A brilliant bailiff tool the possibilities are endless. Snide rods in the weeds are thing off the past. Poaching in the out of bounds areas, thing of the past! HD cameras, offenders caught up close and personal with time and dated photo downloaded direct to the club HQ computer.

Can't wait to get mine from the committee!;)

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
News report yesterday of a drone having a near-miss with a landing aircraft at Heathrow back in the summer. Only a matter of time before such drone-owners and the security threat that drones will be perceived to pose gets them banned for the many (no flying of drones except with a CAA / Government licence for specified, legitimate use).

Reaction score
When I was a kid they weren't called 'drones'.

They were simply called remote controlled planes, cars and boats.

Why all the fuss now that they are called drones and come in different shapes (cat copter!)?

nicepix

Reaction score
When I was a kid they weren't called 'drones'.

They were simply called remote controlled planes, cars and boats.

Why all the fuss now that they are called drones and come in different shapes (cat copter!)?

Exactly right. Except that by naming them drones instead of remote controlled helicopters they are now thought to be fashionable whereas before they were in anorak territory.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Plus - just see restrictions when some of Britain's privacy-loving Elite, snug in their gated hidey-holes and on their country estates, receive some intrusive visits. Everything and everybody will be fair game until this influential few says "Right. That's quite enough.".

greenie62

Reaction score
Plus - just see restrictions when some of Britain's privacy-loving Elite, snug in their gated hidey-holes and on their country estates, receive some intrusive visits. Everything and everybody will be fair game until this influential few says "Right. That's quite enough.".

Does "Fair Game" work both ways?
Easier to hit with a 410 than bait boats?

In which case John may have the solution! PULL! :eek:;):eek:mg:

B

binka

In response to the OP... Please God, no!

Funnily enough there was a wildlife programme on Radio 4 at just gone eleven this morning about how drones were being used to monitor wildlife and interestingly it touched on how we perceive these drones generally very negatively.

Even so, please no!

nicepix

Reaction score
Just see poorer postcodes and high-crime areas flown over and filmed on intelligence-gathering missions. Those skies will be thick with drones!

I've just checked your postcode on the Met's crime mapping service. I'd draw the curtains if I was you :eek: