Rods for her indoors

dalesman

Reaction score
The wife has announced she want to join me on the banks in 2015, she always had a interest in fishing but maggots has put her off, but pellets, corn and meat is ok.

Has and body got views on the Drennan red range as a fishing rod and qty, or is there anything better for similar price

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Big fan of Drennan but bought the Maver Abyss X 10'0 float rod for my wife and frequently fish with it, can't fault it and a little cheaper than the red range. There are float and feeder rods from 10-13'0

Ian

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Dalesman,

Ask yourself this; would you fish with a Drennan Red rod?

If the answer is no then in order to maintain your current marital status I would suggest that you procure her a rod at least on a par with your own . . . . . . . . . you know the nights are getting colder and those sofas or spare bedrooms can be ruddy uncomfortable . . . . . . after a few nights!

[insert winkey thing > > > > HERE]

sam vimes

Reaction score
Having been down a similar road when buying for my Nephew, I'd give the Shimano Forcemaster Commercials a good coat of looking at. They pass the "would I be happy to use them" test with flying colours. I've been perfectly happy using them when eleven year old attention wanders.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have to agree, why do we insist on giving our beginners inferior tackle which is harder to use?
Buy her the gear you would be comfortable using then if she decides it's not for her at least you have spent your money on something useful and not something which is only good for holding your beans off the ground.

Reaction score
Paul

Is the Shakespeare Bomb rod suitable for a lady?

Dalesman

My son recently attended a couple of fishing coaching courses. The coach used Drennen Red rods and reels. They looked like quality tackle but good value.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Paul

Is the Shakespeare Bomb rod suitable for a lady?

Dalesman

My son recently attended a couple of fishing coaching courses. The coach used Drennen Red rods and reels. They looked like quality tackle but good value.

No mate - I'd suggest "borrowing a rod of Uncle Dave and "forgetting" to give it back

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
just because some tackle is not expensive does not necessarily make it inferior,

Where did I say it did? I said buy something you would be happy to use.

I have twenty year old carp rods which are perfectly good and I am happy to use them.

Reaction score
Korum do a float fishing rod, reel and accessory kit in a PINK EDITION.

pink-kit.jpg

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Dalesman, whichever rod/reel you choose, before purchase, for the sake of 'marital bliss', please please please, make sure that matching accessories are available. :(:(

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I have to agree, why do we insist on giving our beginners inferior tackle which is harder to use?
Buy her the gear you would be comfortable using then if she decides it's not for her at least you have spent your money on something useful and not something which is only good for holding your beans off the ground.

Ahh, I see, buy her something you can nick and will use if fishing isn't for her. Not a criticism by the way, man after my own heart.

Windy

Reaction score
For indoors ?

Stair rods (if you have stairs)

Curtain rods....

---------- Post added at 00:40 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

.....and Rod Steward album or two to listen to with a sherry in hand after all that housework....

A set of drain rods however, a step too far I think.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So Mr Windy............How long have you known my wife?