Mobile selfies

Phil Hatton 2

Reaction score
Has anyone any experience of using a mobile to take 'trophy shots' I'm wondering about one of those Gorilla pod things.

B

binka

Phil

You'll need to have a timer function on the camera app too.

One of the lads on my ex club water used the movie function on his camera phone to shoot a few seconds and then snipped still frames from it afterwards, not sure if the snipping was via an app on his phone or separate software based on his laptop after he had transferred it.

It seemed to make sense in that he could get a good take first time without fear of the fish moving at the crucial moment and having to re-set everything.

It might also be an option for camera phones without a timer app on the camera maybe... Transfer the clip to laptop and a basic snipping tool to take out the stills?

john step

Reaction score
Has anyone any experience of using a mobile to take 'trophy shots' I'm wondering about one of those Gorilla pod things.
I bought one and it doesn't take the weight very well of my modest digi camera. I now use one of those adapters widely available to go on a rod rest thread.
All I need now is to catch something worth snapping.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Some of the latest mobiles are capable of operating with a remote trigger device. I'm sure some enterprising tackle company will be flogging a fishing variation of the selfie stick before long, just don't be surprised if it seems to cost a small fortune!;):D

B

binka

Some of the latest mobiles are capable of operating with a remote trigger device. I'm sure some enterprising tackle company will be flogging a fishing variation of the selfie stick before long, just don't be surprised if it seems to cost a small fortune!;):D

I was browsing Ebay a few weeks ago and clicked on a sellers other items, as I scrolled through there was a "selfie stick" listed and I didn't have a clue what one was until I clicked on it.

I'm waaay behind the times... :D

greenie62

Reaction score
I was browsing Ebay a few weeks ago and clicked on a sellers other items, as I scrolled through there was a "selfie stick" listed and I didn't have a clue what one was until I clicked on it....

Was it Camo to match the Thermal undies the forum want to see you in?:D:eek:mg:

alexmack

Reaction score
Hi gents,

Just read this thread. My Sony z1 has a smile shutter, is waterproof and takes ridiculous high quality pictures, up to 20 megapixels! It has revolutionised my fishing, now I can set it up on a gorilla pod, smile and it snaps away. Often much better than my old SLR in the hands of a passing numpty! :mad:

Worth a look on the next upgrade!

Alex

seth49

Reaction score
If you have a iPhone running iOS 8' it has a self timer built in,ten seconds I think.
Also there is a app called camu which takes the shot when it can't detect any movement. It's free as well

Phil Hatton 2

Reaction score
Cheers for the feedback gents. My phone has a 10 second timer which is possibly a bit quick but I'll give it a go. Just need to catch a decent Chub or two mow.