Coffee bean grinder

B

binka

I bought a Currys basics blender for this very reason along with corn, worms etc. and it's been fine, does a good job for something in the region of a tenner iirc.

I tried to post a link but can't get their website up at the moment, either way it was the cheapest they did but you might need a pair of ear defenders... I found I had to shake the processor whilst blending and it got a bit noisy with pellets :eek:

fruitowl

Reaction score
I bought a Currys basics blender for this very reason along with corn, worms etc. and it's been fine, does a good job for something in the region of a tenner iirc.

I tried to post a link but can't get their website up at the moment, either way it was the cheapest they did but you might need a pair of ear defenders... I found I had to shake the processor whilst blending and it got a bit noisy with pellets :eek:

that's what I put the boilie into binka it destroyed the jug part

B

binka

that's what I put the boilie into binka it destroyed the jug part

Blimey that must have been a sight!

Mines still going strong which is surprising given my clumsiness, look on the bright side though... If you could power it by battery and take it to use bankside you would have solved the problem in the security thread by having the perfect anti-mugging device.

Just fill it up and switch it on, then watch as it peppers your helpless attacker with boilies :D

sagalout

Reaction score
I use a kenwood liquidiser £20'ish from Curmet. Tried the cheaper ones but found the blades break after 2 or 3 months on hard stuff like dog biscuits. I have never done boilies.

The bad one

Reaction score
Ah the broken blades scenario of the food processor? It’s not broken it just need fixing better than it was before. How you ask?
Do away with the cra*y plastic hood, which the blades are attached to, underneath is the metal drive spindle which tends to be oval or hexagon shaped.
Get a 12 inch piece of stainless steel ½ X ¼ inch drill a small hole at 6 inches 5 mm max.
Measure the thickness of the central column of the jug that the hood fits over. Allow 12 mm clearance either side of the column, scribe a line and bend downward in a vice from the line. You now have two prongs, place the prongs in the jug with the drilled hole directly over the centre of the spindle.
Measure the distance from one of the prongs to the inside edge of the jug and the depth of the central column.
If the central column is say 4 inches deep, mark a scribed line at 3 ½ inches on each prong, then bend outwards in the vice, this gives you a pair of wings at the bottom of the prongs.
The central hole of the pronged wings now needs to be worked on with a small file (equally on both side of the hole) so it fits neatly to the central spindle.
When done test the hole fit, and if the wings are to wide for the jug, they’ll need to be cut down equally either side with a 12mm clearance from the side of the jug.
All you need now is to put an edge on the forward dive side of the wings with a *******file or a little grinder.
The key to making these cutters is to keep everything equally on both sides so its not unbalanced.
You can now wiz away till your hearts content with pellets, boillies, hard bread.
Mine I made 5 years ago on an old cheapo food processor that’s still going strong and has probably made several tons of stuff.
As Binka says you do need earplugs for pellets as they don’t half rattle when you set it going.

laguna

Reaction score
Nice hack Phil :)

I think coffee grinders are okay for rock hard dry things like er coffee but they're a bit on the small side... whereas blenders are meant for liquidising stuff like soup. I dont think any of them are designed very well though because they both need shaking about while your blending/grinding.

I have a Greenstar juicer for crushing soaked particles and whatnot (makes lovely hemp milk and fruit juices etc) but even that wont handle rock hard stuff

The bad one

Reaction score
Last edited: