Where are the lamprey???????

Steve Holland

Reaction score
Hi all!

Anyone know why lamprey are rare as rocking horse muck at the moment? Cant get them for love nor money. Lucebaits, Baitsdirect etc. all seem to have problems getting them. An email I recieved off Baitsdirect today said that in2006 they took delivery of 4000kg,in 2007 it was 250kg and this year is going to be very dire, nigh on impossible! Anyone got any spare????????/forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Steve; Try this place, as I know they have got them.

On Line Baits. UK. Tel 0845-390-2424. (ON the web)

Jimmy.

Steve Holland

Reaction score
Cheers Jimmy, will check them out right away./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

ggh

Reaction score
Steve, did you manage to track any lamprey down..........?!

I have rang/been to all 10 tackle shops in my town and have only managed to get one pack of 3 (lampreys!!) and that was down to an eagle eyed assistant whoasked 'are they the ones with the spots on?' lol and subsequently emptied the freezer to identify this mystery 'spotted' species!

Does anybody know if there is a problem and if there is, is it short or long term.........?!!!

Steve Holland

Reaction score
Nope! Not yet anyway. At the moment I'm doing damage with smelt, however still after some lamps. Just as I get a lead off someone the companies sell out!

I'm wondering if the last couple of summers floods have had a negative impact on lamprey breeding and therefore, subsequently buggering up things./forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I hear that lamprey is the "in" bait addative for barbel anglers fishing with fluro hooklinks at the moment. /forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif

"in" as in at least 3yrs /forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif