Not quite a newbie from South Wales

papajoe

Reaction score
Hi, I suppose it is the old story. Stopped fishing while the family were growing up and work commitments. I retired early 5 years ago after being diagnosed with Parkinsons. So what do you do with your time after that ? Buy some gear and get out there of course. Thankfully i get out and about easily and go as often as possible. I tend to fish mainly stillwaters in Herefordshire. Hope I have not bored you rigid.

Dave.

john step

Reaction score
Good on you. Getting out there is what its all about. Tight lines.
John

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Hello Dave. Which still waters do you fish in Herefordshire? There's not too many about and I'm always looking for waters. (I'm in Hay)

papajoe

Reaction score
Last year I fished Evesbatch fisheries mostly, also had a go at that pridewood hop farm. I. Discovered that surface fishing is what I enjoy most on small pools and float fishing still holds the same attraction for me as it did when I was a lad. This year I intend doing a few overnight sessions mainly to enjoy the dusk and early mornings. If anyone has any advice about overnight sessions I would very much appreciate their experiences regards what to take with you.