keepnet stink bag recomendations

fishperch

Reaction score
plz can u recommend me a keepnet bag that is good value for money with storage space big enough for 2 keepnets. around £10-£20. keepnets are 2.5 m

Last edited:

peterjg

Reaction score
I do not use a keep net but for a couple of spoon type landing nets I use rubble bags. I use a couple at a time in turn and dry them out in my garage, when they get beyond use just start again with anew one, cheap as chips!

fishperch

Reaction score
I do not use a keep net but for a couple of spoon type landing nets I use rubble bags. I use a couple at a time in turn and dry them out in my garage, when they get beyond use just start again with anew one, cheap as chips!
do they prevent the stink?

john step

Reaction score
Be careful with this recommendation. I recommended the same a year or two back and got flack from one of the tackle tarts. Yes it does work/is cheap and disposable when holes form. Before the holes form I swill them out with net still inside with disinfectant before drying it out. No smells.

Last edited:

fishperch

Reaction score
Be careful with this recommendation. I recommended the same a year or two back and got flack from one of the tackle tarts. Yes it does work/is cheap and disposable when holes form. Before the holes form I swill them out with net inside with disinfectant. No smells.
okk thanks for ur help

---------- Post added at 12:48 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

thanks for ur help

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Be careful with this recommendation. I recommended the same a year or two back and got flack from one of the tackle tarts. Yes it does work/is cheap and disposable when holes form. Before the holes form I swill them out with net still inside with disinfectant before drying it out. No smells.

I will see if I can get one with a Hardy logo. Otherwise I will feel like I'm shopping with an Aldi bag. Lol.

law

Reaction score
Ive found that so long as you dry them properly, they dont smell.

fishperch

Reaction score
just a quick question guys as it will b my first time using a keepnet, do u throw it to the side of u or streight out in front? i was thinking of to the side thats got less snags with the top inline with my knee. its a 2.5m round one that i csnt stale into the lake bed as its no wading on any of the waters i fish

C

chefster

When you say tackle tarts-do you mean people that actually recommend buying the correct tool for the job??rather than using a carrier bag of sorts...I would suggest for 2 k/nets and a landing net,there is not much to choose between all the various brands and they are all priced about the same,just best to shop around and find one that suits you,re requirements and pocket....I wont criticize people that want to use rubble sacks,even though they seem to think that those who wish to spend their own hard earned cash on fishing tackle makes them open to criticism....Gazza;)