Bait Boat Fishing magazine

Andyw

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was sucked in today and purchased "Bait Boat Fishing" magazine with the idea of building my own boat. Great I thought, an easy way to "buy" one with the up front cost, something I could never afford.

Anyway, Part 1 was £1.99, Part 2 next week £5.99 I knew that the rpice with these things rise after the introductory offer so no probs. I read through all the enclosed documentation, you build in stages eventually a lovly bait boat with fish finder sonar and gps. Fantastic I thought... I started to wonder how many issues there would be, nowhere in the enclosed "bumff" could I find any reference to the amount of issues...

I called the subsciption number, spoke to the lovely young lady who informed me it was approximately 60 issues!! 'kin 'ell!! I'd still be building the bloody thing this time next year, at an approximated cost of £350 odd!!!

Now I find it really rude that they don't tell you how many issues its going to take for the finished product, they do state however that they reserve the right to "alter" the design!!!

Surely this is wrong? Isn't there any kind of rules stating that they must tell you everything? I wouldn't mind betting there are some things that you'd need to buy at extra cost as well!!

Suffice to say I will not be buying issue 2!! Let alone subscribing!!

So if anyone needs 2 parts to a bait boat, they are free to a good home!!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Thats if they ever make it to the end of the subscription by this time next year a lot of people will have stopped there subscriptiion at £24 a month.

Also things like the gps and sonar will no doubt be extra as these items alone can cost upwards of a grand for any other boat.

Alternativly get 3 mates to go in with you and share the boat as you very rarley need it every week. You could also do that with a new boat.

Carpy Kev

Reaction score
They were advertising a bait boat in this months Total Carp for £99.

Nick Lynch

Reaction score
Bait boats are over the top and over priced. Why do they have to design such huge complex machines. All they should need is a modified £24.99 electric speed boat.

Andyw

Reaction score
I binned the 2 pieces already... Its a con in my opinion...

after thinking about it, yeah its nice to place baits n rigs perfect etc.... But I need to learn the normal carp fishing techniques before delving into the realms of the tackle tart!!!

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

If you think building a bait boat will be long-winded, in the 70'/80's 'Practical Television' ran a build your own colour TV project that seemed to go on for years. I never bothered as I saw enough of the $loody things at work but the final cost would have been exorbitant. It even went into designing and 'etching' (that's dissolving copper plate from a glass fibre board to make the printed circuit)individual printed circuit boards, I'm sure some 'anorak' will have finished it though.

Andyw

Reaction score
I've seen the RC cars they have done in the past....

I'm glad I investigated and didn't get sucked in!!

C

Cakey

Ive still got a cat for sale with fish/depth finder ..............................

F

Frothey

can i buy it in weekly installments, and you just send it one bit at a time?

F

Frothey

is that two weeks worth? water week 1, bottle week 2?

dont want to be ripped off....

F

Frothey

back to the mag thing, i do find it amusing that Nick Hellieur who is said to be endorsing the boat doesn't actually use bait boats and admits he only wrote the articles for the mag and seems to be distancing himself from the product

R

Roto Fryer

I would not take any notice of anything that mr happy writes!