fizzing baits

blackout

Reaction score
Years ago I was in a tackle shop listning to a guy telling his mate the water was fizzing. I took it to mean tench bubbles but he told me about his active groundbait made in a pressure cooker by mixing cooking oil and hemp into his feed which causes bits to rises and falls.
I never followed that idea because I fish at a level I find them not wanting to cover the whole area up and down the water bottom middle and top columes plus surface drift and wind means fish will follow it all over the place.

Then last week I got wind of "FIZ" base mix or paste mix and supposed to be active but not in the way it explodes it helps make the bait soluble fizz gently to release flavors at the level your fishing not all over the place. Anyway I'm hoping to get some next week to test it out on the river so will let you know how it goes. :)

laguna

Reaction score
Sounds to me like its got some quantity of baking powder added to it.
You'd think so Phil but all that does is scare the hell out of fish imo and probably what he means by not exploding bits all over the swim?
If I'm right I think Blackout Phil (too many Phil's) refers to our own product 'fiz' (singular 'Z', lower case)? in which case... thanks for the plug! :D but I can say for absolute certainty; ours doesn't contain baking powder... that's too old hat!

fiz™ Base and Paste, LAGUNA Fishing Products

The bad one

Reaction score
Fair enough Chris, I'll not ask what's in it at the molecular level to make it thus, as then the whole commercial world will know.

law

Reaction score
Solar make an up and down groundbait that kind of fizzs. Bits of feed float up and down. It's made for zig fishing, but I use it when fishing on the drop.

blackout

Reaction score
Just a quick report for you as not been on for a while and a question regards pressure cooking particles (HEMP) that dosent split!

I have use fiz this summer and have caught a shed full of barbel and a **** full of species on lakes. It makes boilies without eggs and no boil just add water form into any shape and let them air dry for 3 days. thats it. It doesnt make bubbles that i saw in the lake and rivers but it does if you watch it in the sink... i always take the kitchen sink!

Anyway its great so recommend its very soluble and breaks down but not too fast. I can put a 15mm none boiled bollie on (that doesnt make sense) and it will still be on next morning 6 hours later but it will be disolved to 1/2 size what it was in a lake. On a river it lasts for about 2 hours ledgering so no good for all night if its a fast flow.

And my question Chris or anybody what is the calcium something you put in the pan to speed up cooking particles please? I have some giant hemp and they will not split even after 1 hour boiling its arse off. I did try some white cooking soda but that just turned it black cheers if you know what it is Phil

laguna

Reaction score
Its a food additive called Calcium Chloride (CaCl2). It raises boiling temperature & significantly shortens processing time. Never used it myself but some tins might show what percentages to use.

I'm impressed! :D

Pm sent. :w