Adrian?s Auction Day

S

Shrek

It was a great day, with great fishing and great company.

And if anyone ever says Graham can't catch fish........you're right!!! (well, at least for 3 hours anyway /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif )

And before you ask, the smile lasted all day too.

Reaction score
Sounds like an excellent day Adrian,

I'll have to give fly-fishing a go some time, it looks a lot of fun /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Hey Shrek, what's this about me not catching for 3 hours? More like 3 minutes/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Adrian I'm chuffed to bits thay your generosity resulted in a great day out. Thanks to you and also to Graham for putting himself up for auction.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Nice article in Angling Star by the way ****y.

You have an excellent water in Draycote which is not far from where you live. During the whole of the spring and odd days and evenings in summer, I virtually lived on Draycote Water. It was only 5 miles away and the fishing, although not easy, was first class.

I kept a pub going in "river trout" for a couple of years. It paid for my season ticket.

The first time you catch a fit fighting rainbow, you'll be hooked I guarantee it. They make even barbel look pedestrian, especially when you get one of those grown-on ressie jobs thatare bright silver with a bluish tinge like a salmon. I had one this morning; it had me well into my backing with a screaming 50 yards run and it jumped 3 times high into the air, and it only weighed 3 1/4 lbs!!!

You'll progress to tying flies and then you'll be poor for the rest of your life expecially if you go fishing with Uncle Dave or Marsbar and you see theirfancy Sage rods and Abel reels.

"2000 bucks on the hoof" as Americans call fly fishermen.

Graham and Dave are more like 20,000 bucks on the hoof!

S

Shrek

Graham, I think it was when you were sat in your "retired persons chair" fishing in your sleep. HA HA HA!!!!!

Next time I'll make sure I bring an #8 line with me though!!!!!

Morespiders

Reaction score
Aidrian, did you actually with your own eyes, see them both catch fish?

Neither of them have ever impressed me, too many trailing loops, and flies in tree's

S

Shrek

I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that I did see both of them catch fish. Uncle Dave lost more than he caught while I was there though, but then he put a bot more glue on his hook and they seemed to stick.

As for the trailing loops and flies in trees, are you sure you weren't there on Friday, as that was me more than them I think!!!!!!!

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Shrek, i think that's a horrible name /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gifAdrian well done looks like you had a cracking day mate!