A Beau Brummell of fishing or--

flightliner

Reaction score
A bank tramp?. Any on here all resplendent by the waterside, tweedy good looks, or maybe dressed in the latest match gear embellished with monika and advertising, or its just not your scene or even possible and just go dressed in whatever is comfy and available.:confused:

thecrow

Reaction score
Usually whatevers handy although the trousers/jeans I normally wear have become threadbare around one knee and have split, to much wiping of hands on them I suppose, going to have a go at patching them :)

nicepix

Reaction score
I'm definitely towards the tramp end of the scale. Not specifically old clothes, but not a fashion logo in sight unless you could Regatta and ****ies as fashion icons :eek:mg:

terry m

Reaction score
Generally the same old pair of Chino's, T-Shirt and a Diem fishing hoody. Yes, it is green, but it is extremely warm too.

Normal oversuits for wet or brass monkeys weather.

B

binka

I'm undecided as I'm usually in whatever's comfortable covered with a bib 'n brace, if ever I get all the mud off it i'll let you know what colour it is.

C

chefster

Miracle baits sponsored polo shirts,hoodies and fleece,Maver bib and brace and jacket,and waterproof overtrousers,Daiwa Gortex Jacket,also Drennan,maver polo shirts...Gazza:D

lambert1

Reaction score
A thoughtfully chosen mix of Lidl, charity shops and Ebay purchases that go to make me look like a latter day Compo (according to my wife). She particularly hates my green wooly hat. Certainly no named stuff as it is too expensive and I would rather spend the money on tackle. I only ever photograph the fish (much more attractive!) and keep well out sight.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Generally it'll be something green. If it's cheap enough, it might be fishing brand stuff. If not, it'll be military (issue or aftermarket military style) or ****ies type workwear.

If I go to a commie to sit on a seatbox, I may break out my more colourful match style clobber. All stuff that's been bought at clearance prices. I've yet to encounter any fishing brand clothing that's worth the full price. Get it at half price or less, cherry pick carefully, and it can be a reasonable buy.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Whatever is comfortable normally old green working trousers dark blue sweat shirt and toe tector boots unless it is **** then Korum bib&brace plus jacket but it needs to be very dang cold else you boil up in moments ..:(

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
New_phone_pics_0871.jpg

View image in gallery

At the moment it's this....

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
I'm undecided as I'm usually in whatever's comfortable covered with a bib 'n brace, if ever I get all the mud off it i'll let you know what colour it is.

Definitely need a bib with them brekkies you get through, Steve......:)

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

At the moment it's this....

Looks like Skippy on Crimewatch.....:)

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Besides the Versace cast offs I have acquired a military vest as my son went to a fancy dress as batman character Bain , I am looking forwards , sadly , to deciding what item goes in which pocket.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All my fishing gear is purchased at charity shops, except the German army Goretex overtrousers / bib and brace which came from a country show and fitted when I bought them.

In the main I buy good quality walking/hiking gear which men buy with good intentions after their first heart attack, wear twice then put it in a cupboard for a few years until it ends up at the charity shop when the widow has a clear out.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Definitely need a bib with them brekkies you get through, Steve......:)

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

Looks like Skippy on Crimewatch.....:)

Looks more like Oberleutnant Hermann Von Pavey of Panzergruppe IV preparing to sweep across the Chiltern floodplain intent on capturing the best gudgeon swim on the Aylesbury Arm.

bracket

Reaction score
Certainly not a tramp but maybe a tad idiosyncratic. Normal attire would be blue Levis and waders, a Tee shirt with a Blues motif, usually the Crossroads between Highways 61 and 49, with a pictorial reference to Robert Johnson. Always a neckerchief (My Lady makes them by the score for me) and finally my Dad's flat cap (he said he'd leave me something for a rainy day and he did, his "Ratter) plus suitable over clothes dictated by the conditions. All quite fetching, gets me in anywhere. Pete.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Looks more like Oberleutnant Hermann Von Pavey of Panzergruppe IV preparing to sweep across the Chiltern floodplain intent on capturing the best gudgeon swim on the Aylesbury Arm.

Careful Tommy, for you ze war.......

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

Certainly not a tramp but maybe a tad idiosyncratic. Normal attire would be blue Levis and waders, a Tee shirt with a Blues motif, usually the Crossroads between Highways 61 and 49, with a pictorial reference to Robert Johnson. Always a neckerchief (My Lady makes them by the score for me) and finally my Dad's flat cap (he said he'd leave me something for a rainy day and he did, his "Ratter) plus suitable over clothes dictated by the conditions. All quite fetching, gets me in anywhere. Pete.

Interesting character Robert Johnson. There are several fishy achievements that I'd claim to sell my soul for but, in reality.......:)