Buying online ?

shane99

Reaction score
Due to my recent tackle & luggage upgrade (everything was either rusty, mouldy, or only had 3 legs) It has been apparent that its best to go and have a
look at what you are buying. My recent search for a light ledger rod has opened my eyes in the last few weeks ...

Terry D

Reaction score
Look for a decent sized tackle shop you can visit and make the effort to go out of your way to view what's on offer. Far better then buying online and hoping it'll fit the bill. If you can and you can wait a few more weeks, get to the 2 big angling shows, the Big One at Farnborough and the Northern one in Manchester.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Whilst buying on line may be cheaper and a big shop may have more choice I would buy from your local tackle shop if they have the things you want.

By all means look at the tackle shows and big shops but then ask if you're local shop can get the goods you want and at what price, this way you can build up a useful contact who will know where and what is being caught

sam vimes

Reaction score
Buying blind on-line is a risky proposition. I will do it, but it's only viable when there's a genuinely big saving to be had and the item concerned is from one of the manufacturers I usually trust and favour. If I do it, it's done as a last resort and I always work on the principle of only buying at a price that means a minimal loss if I have to sell it on.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I deliberately buy local for fishing and for my cycling stuff a) supports a local business b) noose age and packing c) easier to take back if there is a problem.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Ha ha a*****les :)

No postage and packing , though moose age cracking sounds good. I can't help it if I smell funny.

mike47

Reaction score
When I started back fishing last year, I bought quite a selection of gear (rods, accessories etc) online. I have to admit to being pleased with the price and quality. However, I now appreciate the importance of supporting my local tackle shops and do so regularly. I prefer the opportunity to see exactly what I am buying and enjoy the banter and advice every time I go in.

terry m

Reaction score
I find it is always worth asking your local shop if they can get the product in a reasonable time and be reasonably competitive with online prices. In most cases that is a 'Yes'.

Think of the on costs if your local shop goes under and you have to burn a gallon of fuel, not to mention time, just to get fresh bait or consumables.

use it or lose it.