River Ingerbourne Essex

realmadyid

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had visited this small rivers recently? I fished it about 8 years ago and had small chub and roach, but have heard it's taken a turn for the worse. Does anyone know? Tx.

realmadyid

Reaction score
Hi all, just bumping this for any locals in Upminster/Hornchurch. I visited this little River about 10 years ago and had some small chub, but, I've heard it's suffered some damage. Was hoping to wander over there on Sunday with small lures, so any info would be appreciated. tx.

theartist

Reaction score
Hi all, just bumping this for any locals in Upminster/Hornchurch. I visited this little River about 10 years ago and had some small chub, but, I've heard it's suffered some damage. Was hoping to wander over there on Sunday with small lures, so any info would be appreciated. tx.

Be a shame if its another river lost so let us know how you get on mate

realmadyid

Reaction score
I will tx. Gonna take my new LRF rod and small plastics, if I catch nought, nothing lost...if I do, bloody excellent....

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Please let us know how you got on. This is a little river several of us on FishingMagic grew up on. Last I heard was that the Rainham end fished the best and that even a few barbel had been reported; this is hearsay however.

realmadyid

Reaction score
I will Geoff, caught a huge minnow by the bridge at the back of St.George's Hospital when I was about 11 in the 70s. Also used to fish the gravel pits, one we used to call perch pond because all we caught was perch, all been filled in now, happy days on Hornchurch airfield and beyond..

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

Oh, and what about the huge gudgeon on Rapaels Park? Happy days ?

realmadyid

Reaction score
Sorry no update...tried to get my rod and landing net handle on my motorbike but couldn't do it safely. So, walked to Grays train station only to discover there's engineering works today! Try again one day this week.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Oh, and what about the huge gudgeon on Rapaels Park? Happy days

When I was a kid, that lake was shoulder to shoulder with kids fishing from one end to the other, with a fish a chuck no matter which bait you used. I used to have to wait till someone packed up before I could fish at times. I bet they don't queue up any more?

laguna

Reaction score
When I was a kid, that lake was shoulder to shoulder with kids fishing from one end to the other, with a fish a chuck no matter which bait you used. I used to have to wait till someone packed up before I could fish at times. I bet they don't queue up any more?
Not familiar with that area at all Geoff but resonates well with what we witnessed in the 60's and 70's on a little Yorkshire park pond lake called Jug dam - free fishing. These days there's a still a few kids on it but far fewer in number

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Not familiar with that area at all Geoff but resonates well with what we witnessed in the 60's and 70's on a little Yorkshire park pond lake called Jug dam - free fishing. These days there's a still a few kids on it but far fewer in number

The free ponds we used to fish as kids are now all controlled club waters. Any free water in the SE seems to have been snapped up leaving very little for the pennyless kids to go and learn on. This is another reason we have so few kids taking up fishing these days.

laguna

Reaction score
The free ponds we used to fish as kids are now all controlled club waters. Any free water in the SE seems to have been snapped up leaving very little for the pennyless kids to go and learn on. This is another reason we have so few kids taking up fishing these days.
If it wasn't for those free waters we enjoyed as a kid I wouldn't, nay couldn't have taken up fishing and that's a fact! :w

Strange this is, Jug dam's still free and yet a mile away theres a bigger lake in another park with some decent ghost carp and commons in (a few smaller roach and rudd too) but the council has never allowed anyone to fish it?