new rod and reel choice

B

binka

I can kind of help on a couple of things in that the Daiwa reel is basically the same as the higher priced Emcast but with fewer bearings, I have three Emcasts and for the money they are well screwed together with a nice solid feel, plenty of adjustment on the baitrunner tension and a nice drag so, at the expense of a few bearings and a smoother feel, I don’t think you’ll go far wrong at all for the money.

I have heard some say that the line traps in a slight groove on the bail arm before it reaches its full pick up when engaged but I’ve not experienced it myself.

I'm not familiar at all with the rod I'm afraid.

The Fox reel looks identical in the body to their older Stratos FS 10000E of which I had two and wouldn’t recommend them at all (the Stratos) as mine were poorly built and mechanically unreliable and both now sit in a drawer (replaced with the above Daiwas)… Having said that my mate’s just bought the newer one you’re looking at and although it’s early days he likes it.

By contrast and I’m not sure of the relationship to the carp version but I have two Fox Warrior 2.75lb deadbait rods and for the money I really can’t fault them, if the carp model is anywhere near as good it will be worthwhile but I’d be surprised if someone on here can’t give you a more informed answer for the carp version.

Again, not my territory on the Nash I'm afraid but I hope something there is of use to you.