How to remove a snapped eye?

wes79

Reaction score
I have a rod that has lost an eye on a the third section, snapped right back but left the whipping and varnish (?) untouched but the base is still protruding slightly.
Its a decathlon feeder 360 (cannot get parts for it Ive checked) worth keeping but never felt confident in taking it out to use, can it even be fixed?

sam vimes

Reaction score
Yes, it can be fixed. Whilst it may not be possible to get a perfectly matched replacement eye, it should be possible to get something reasonably close.
If you feel that a spot of DIY is beyond you, ask in your local tackle shop, they are very likely to have a local rod repairer. Depending on the cost of the replacement eye, the job shouldn't cost much more than a tenner, there's a fair chance it'll be less.

Basic lined guides don't cost a vast amount. Seymo - Rod Guides

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I have two tackle shops which are not the greatest for gear, but both do a rod repair service - one in house and one sent out...
I'm not saying you haven't done your homework ( and you may have a very good local repair shop ) but when I asked one of them to replace a broken ring they said they would 'match' as close as possible.
Being very fussy by nature I wanted the identical ring so I contacted Drennan ( in my case ) and they sent the identical ring which the shop then fixed, and very well indeed !

Yes, a 'close as possible ' ring is absolutely fine BUT when I had mine fixed I made absolutely sure they would do such good matching job with the whippings etc that I would not be able to see the difference - I wanted it dead right and they promised perfection..............It worked for me !!

Not everyone is so fussy though AND I have seen some dreadful 'perfect' repairs in my time so it pays to check !

ps If you're not sure, you could always ask to see the replacement ??

Apologies if this sounds a bit' teaching grandmother' etc etc

Last edited: