Rig and tackle help

nolan1977

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to carp fishing. I wanted to know if there are a handful or rigs that i can use all the time. I fish only on still water reservoirs, lakes and pools.

I am looking for a list of all the terminal tackle that I will need( an idiot proof list) .
Thanks

cattyfatty

Reaction score
there's a lot of terminal tackle to choose from hooklink mono or braid ,hooks barbed and barbless different styles to have from using different bait like maggot, corn,worm,and boilies
and the way you fish , cage feeder fishing, leads set up, method feeder set up. its a minefield to go at which ones to choose
i would choose the lead setup to start off with , build up your tackle in this area
go to your nearest tackle shop and the chap in the shop will sort you out with the right setup and give you tip on how to get the best out off what they sell you and will not sell you anything just what you need for the job.
ive got 4 tackle boxes full of terminal tackle and must be worth hundreds of pounds , some stuff in there i will not use but some will be used all the time.
you will find its a habbit going to the tackle shop for some bait and come out with £20 worth off terminal tackle instead i do it quite often.

sagalout

Reaction score
You could start of simply with a method feeder, a short 3" hook link and a banded pellet for bait.

If you want to go this route then the details list is :
rod (you will need to decide test curve/type based on expected fish size, snags, distance you want to cast, etc)
reel (you will need to decide if you want a baitrunner and the size based on expected fish size, snags, distance you want to cast, etc)
line (you will need to decide breaking strain based on expected fish size, snags, distance you want to cast, etc)
inline flat method feeder (you will need to decide size and weight based on expected fish size, distance you want to cast, etc)
swivel (if you buy the preston method feeders preston do a swivel to fit)
hooks (you will need to decide size based on expected fish size, bait size)
pellets bands (you will need to decide size based on bait size, drennan micro bands will do 6mm to 10mm pellets)
pellet bander