Tight Lines.

sumtime

Reaction score
Just watched my recording of this program, I'm usually okay with Keith Arthur but this evening, Steve Cullen (fly fisher/angler) hardly got a word in. Keith rambled on about HIS experiences rather than give Steve a look in, very frustrating. :rolleyes:

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Keith Arthurs voice has the same effect on me as someone scraping their nails down a blackboard.

pf0x

Reaction score
I watch this every week no matter the guest (match, coarse, carp, game & sea). I like the format.

In general, I think Keith does a fantastic job. But.......

He has always talked too much but it is now getting worse and worse. He sometimes has WORLD CHAMPIONS in his studio and just as they begin to describe their technique for something Keith will talk over them and say:

"What I do is this... "

"What I've found best is this..."

"What you should try is this..."

It's definitely getting worse.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Agree with all the above, and if it's not specifically a 'coarse' guest I quite often don't watch it.

Who's starting the 'Bring Back Bruno Brooks' campaign.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
All the above ....but he is pushing is total knowledge of world angling a bit too far.

Still good to watch and it's not been repeated 2000 times!

ken more

Reaction score
Sometimes listened to Mr Arthur on early morning radio and he irritated me quite a bit at times, especially when talking over, and at, other contributors to the programme. I remember my wife, on one of her rare forays into early Sunday mornings saying, "boy, can that guy talk" or words to that effect.:wh:) Must be quite difficult though to keep some kind of momentum going on a fishing show i think.

terry m

Reaction score
Keef Arfer is an utter clown, and always has been.

Do us all a favour and put him out to grass. Anyone is better than him.

I am surprised that any guests bother to pitch up knowing his track record for asking a question, then answering it himself. Complete fool.

retrobob

Reaction score
I think he's great. Only started watching in the last 6 months - don't have sky but I pick up the podcast off iTunes.

pf0x

Reaction score
We were treated to a "Keith Special" this week.

Keith's "8ft Theory" when Zig Fishing monologue.

Only about the 20th time I've heard it. :eek:mg:

terry m

Reaction score
Thank the Lord I did not watch it.

Imagine getting stuck in a lift with Keef, hell that would be dreadful, especially when he wanted to show you his stop knot.

flightliner

Reaction score
I've heard the name but never heard him on the (what?) air.
Is he an angler or just a broadcaster.?.

pf0x

Reaction score
I've heard the name but never heard him on the (what?) air.
Is he an angler or just a broadcaster.?.

He is (was) a match angler. Fished big matches in the '70s and '80s, I think? He even won one once, I think? He worked in the tackle trade for years. He writes a weekly column for Angling Times. He did a few VHS fishing videos in the past. He used to present "Fisherman's Blues" Radio show on Talksport until recently but they reduced the hours etc so he packed it in. It was on at about 6am on Sundays so not to many people knew about it.

I only came across him as a presenter when I got Sky a few years ago. He presents the weekly show (Tight Lines) on Sky Sports. Despite some of my posts in this thread I actually think he does a great job. Despite his image from his Angling Times column (grumpy old man) he actually seems like a jolly cheeky chappy on TV.

I like the show. It is one hour long. It's on once a week. It's the only up to date 'as live' weekly fishing show in the UK. Keith presents it and you have a different guest each week. There are two 10 minute fishing films. These are new and up to date films (most are available for free on the Sky website). The guest then shows a few of their rigs etc and they have a chat about their specific speciality in angling.

The problem is that he has verbal diarrhoea and just cannot let his guests talk through and explain their methods! He IS very knowledgable. But he acts like he knows everything about every discipline in angling. He has various 'theories' and 'ideas' that he insists on repeating week after week instead of just letting his guest (who is an expert in their particular field) explain their own methods.

This is nothing personal. Just my perception of him.

tincatim

Reaction score
Pretty much nailed it with that description pf0x!

I don't mind him too much, I'd rather watch him on Tight Lines that have to endure coronation street!

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

Another observation, and I might be on my own here, but everytime I see Keef's face I can't help but notice his resemblance to Will from the Inbetweeners. An older version but there's definitely some resemblance there