Introduction

tincatim

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been signed up to FM for a while now but never really posted much. I thought I should take this opportunity to introduce myself properly and start joining in a bit more. The threads on FM seem to match my kind of fishing a bit more than other forums.

I'm originally from Shropshire but moved to Rotherham six years ago, this is when I rediscovered fishing. Can't believe I ever stopped cos I'm addicted now!

Anyway, I'm into all kinds of angling. I'm not a commercial lover but I do fish them every now and then. I was raised on natural lakes and the river severn so am always drawn to the natural side of fishing however I love variety so whether I'm gudgeon bashing on the canal, pellet carp fishing on a commercial or trotting a stick float down the river, it's all good :)

At the moment I'm spending most of my time on the rivers Dearne and Don, looking to catch my first river barbel for 20 years.

I hope to learn a lot on here and look forward to getting involved

Tight lines

B

binka

Looking forward to reading more from you TT, thanks for the introduction and enjoy :)

flightliner

Reaction score
You're certainly in the right place for a few Barbel, them and pretty much all the variery and types of venues you could wish for.
The Dearne as recantly been stocked with Barbel by the EA and the Don and Rother in and around Rotherham and Doncaster are good bets also, Then the Trent is only fifty minutes away if you fancy the travel.
Welcome to FM by the way.

tincatim

Reaction score
Cheers Flightliner, I've just been building up my tackle this winter ready for a proper go at them this year. I know there's some big barbel in the Dearne (along with all the baby ones), I also know that they're not going to be easy to catch! I'm thinking of starting off around sprotborough weir in the new season, they should be in a bit more abundance up there.

flightliner

Reaction score
You're certainly in the right place for a few Barbel, them and pretty much all the variery and types of venues you could wish for.
The Dearne as recantly been stocked with Barbel by the EA and the Don and Rother in and around Rotherham and Doncaster are good bets also, Then the Trent is only fifty minutes away if you fancy the travel.
Welcome to FM by the way.
ps-- you say you're from Shropshire---- who let the cat out of the bag about Rotherham:D

tincatim

Reaction score
ps-- you say you're from Shropshire---- who let the cat out of the bag about Rotherham:D[/QUOTE

It's where the missus is from, I'd only ever seen rotherham on one of those 'Britains worst towns' documentaries ;) little did I know there was so much good fishing in the area. I'd never have started back fishing again if I hadn't have moved here.

rubio

Reaction score
Allo mate. You sound like you're enjoying it even more for having a break from fishing.

flightliner

Reaction score
ps-- you say you're from Shropshire---- who let the cat out of the bag about Rotherham:D[/QUOTE

It's where the missus is from, I'd only ever seen rotherham on one of those 'Britains worst towns' documentaries ;) little did I know there was so much good fishing in the area. I'd never have started back fishing again if I hadn't have moved here.
It's like you have dual nationality, and all thanks to a good Yorkshire lass. Welcome to gods county:D.

tincatim

Reaction score
Cheers mate, I do feel at home here now - I can even understand Barnsley speak haha tha wants t get thi sen a bread cake! (See);)

flightliner

Reaction score
Cheers mate, I do feel at home here now - I can even understand Barnsley speak haha tha wants t get thi sen a bread cake! (See);)
I'm impressed, I,ve lived here all my life and still cant fatham the Barnsley boys out! (Can really), To be honest if you can get one thats really "Barnsley" its my favourite dialect nationwide.:rolleyes:)

tincatim

Reaction score
I'm impressed, I,ve lived here all my life and still cant fatham the Barnsley boys out! (Can really), To be honest if you can get one thats really "Barnsley" its my favourite dialect nationwide.:rolleyes:)

Gi'or!

It is a good accent, better than the yam yam accent from my neck of the woods. Luckily I never caught that one!

Whereabouts do you do your fishing then Flightliner?