$&*^%^@# Parcel Force!

P

pointngo

What a shower!

Bought a rod off someone a few days ago and missed delivery yesterday. The card says it is at a local Post Office so off I trot this morning. After waiting in a long queue next to a screaming child of Satan, the rod wasn't there.

Phoned ParcelForce who told me it was at a different Post Office but the address they gave me was yet another PO and that was definitely where it was.

Went down to that PO who didn't have it either. Phoned PF again and they were adamant it was there, stating the name of the bloke who had signed for it. I went back in and they've never heard of that person. PF then try to tell me the PO must be wrong as that is where it is and they can't do anything until Monday.

Not a happy bunny on the way home but decided to find the 2nd PO. Low and behold, there it was.

I'd imagine that would have been yet another lost item if I hadn't been lucky enough to find it, after travelling round 3 PO's.

Rest assured, I had a full and frank discussion with Parcel Force and told them how their business model of delivering stuff fails when the delivery driver has no idea where he is or cares where he dumps the parcels.. and that as that is the only thing they do they might want to sort that bit out. @rseholes!

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's not called parcel 'farce' for nothing.

law

Reaction score
Whenever I order things, I ask who the people are that will deliver it. If it's Yodel or Parcel Farce, I'll either ask them to post with someone else, or shop elsewhere.
Yodel left 10kg of frozen bait on my doorstep while I was away for the night, despite a note on my front door to leave with neighbour. Surprise surprise when I returned, the remains of the bag was all over my front garden and a large percentage of the bait had been eaten by foxes, or some other animal.

Another time, I wasn't in when they tried to deliver a Nexus7 I'd ordered.
I arrived home to find it had been chucked over my back gate into a puddle.
One Nexus wrecked
They totally denied it but luckily the cctv clip that I sent them proved otherwise.
They still faffed around about admitting it, but when I told them I'd go to the police for damaging my property, they finally admitted fault.

Parcel Farce also left some frozen bait on my doorstep, despite my note saying to leave parcels with next door. Luckily, I got home in reasonable time before it was dark.

Turns out, one of my friends worked for Yodel for a week. He told me that they are instructed never to return with parcels. And that they can leave them anywhere. Hence why he left.
*******s.

P

pointngo

I thought it was called ar**ehole force?

:D that made me chuckle.

Perhaps not suprisingly, I used the word "farce" several times during our conversations.

I'm not too fussed about the compensation but just wanted the rod. If I hadn't dropped into the last PO, despite PF telling me it was definitely somewhere else (where it wasn't), it would most probably be lost due to complete ineptitude.

That sounds about right Law. That's the level of service they offer.

I asked PF why they hadn't dropped it into the local PO Parcel Depot, which is close and where all my other parcels go, and they advised that the PO won't allow them to drop them at the depot... makes you wonder if that's because they just offloaded their deliveries as a matter of course at some point??

Got the rod so all's well that ends well. :)

Last edited:

cattyfatty

Reaction score
i had a parcel from yodel just before christmas i was in the bloke knocked on the door ,by the time i got to the door he was in the van and off
it must of been 10 seconds from when he knocked to me opening the door . just dropped it on the floor knocked then ran off down the path ...

terry m

Reaction score
Don't be silly, that would be good customer service!

I must confess, I would have asked for reimbursement for being sent on a wild goose chase as a direct result of their incompetence. You will be surprised by the amount of companies that will compensate these relatively low level claims.

trotter2

Reaction score
You will be lucky to get any money out of parcel force or royal mail "is a joke!
You cant even speak to anyone.
Should be called !!S**T Force!! IMO..

You get a better service from Hermes and it costs about half as much

bigfish74

Reaction score
I worked in this line of busines for 15 years delivering for most of the companies and theyre all the same more or less
The problem these days is that most of the drivers are self employed so if they dont deliver they dont get paid so its another trip to the property again but my biggest moan was customers having things delivered to their home adress knowing they would be at work :(

Andy

greenie62

Reaction score
..... but my biggest moan was customers having things delivered to their home adress knowing they would be at work :(

Part of the problem is caused by the Ordering systems used, where the default 'Delivery Address' is the same as the 'Billing Address' and the customer has had to go to some lengths to override this. More modern systems have a 'security' question built in for on-line orders to ensure that stolen Cards can't be used to order high-value goods to be delivered to another address without supervisor intervention.
Some companies were switched onto this some years ago and allowed the customer to set-up an 'alternative delivery address' to be used for most goods, e.g. next-door neighbour. The only problem then was making sure that delivery address was printed on the driver's delivery schedule! :eek:

realmadyid

Reaction score
Can't speak of Parcel Force, as I've never had anything delivered by them. I'm a postie and think Royal Mail is pretty good, local delivery offices etc. A lot of the other companies are cheaper but their delivery people are under pressure to deliver or they don't get paid....But, I guess it's the person delivering and how much commonsense they have..oh, and BTW if you live in some remote location it's only Royal Mail who are obliged to deliver...

law

Reaction score
I'm a postie and think Royal Mail is pretty good

I agree 100%. Ive not been able to fault Royal Mail. My postie will alwas deliver to one of our neighbours if we arent in. On his day off, if the cover guy leaves card for a parcel to be collected, we leave it poking out the letter box the following day and he will collect it and deliver the next day.
Needless to say, he gets a nice tip at christmas.

Richard Jamieson 2

Reaction score
We send thousands of SKB parcels out by Royal Mail and can count on the fingers of one hand the number that have legitimately gone astray.

Parcel Force on the other hand once surpassed themselves by delivering a package to me without notice while we were all away for a few days. According to the card we found posted through the letterbox on our return, it was delivered on the Thursday. The refuse collection was on the Friday, my neighbour being kind enough (by arrangement) to put the bin out for emptying first thing that morning.

See if you can guess where Parcel Force said they'd left the package? :rolleyes:

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
for small parcels you cant beat royal mail but once you go over that 2Kg weight barrier the prices are extortionate.
I've been using Hermes for my inland stuff over 2Kg for a couple of years now and the only things I've had problems with was a pair of shelves which got stood on and a 10Kg bucket of dishwasher powder which got lost, it works out roughly 1% of parcels have not been delivered safely. I could claim but tbh they make you jump through so many hoops it's not worth it.

P

pointngo

I've never had a problem with Royal Mail parcels. They either leave them with neighbours or leave a note for local next day pick-up. Not had a single one go missing.

Letters are a different matter but that's another story.